Any patient of Dr Ochs?

hairgaine

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It says on this doc's site that he charges $2/graft. that is extremely cheap. i have found from personal experience that in ht surgery you get what you pay for.

now, this may not be the case with dr. ochs, but i would rather pay premium and know for sure i am getting premium work. you do not want to gamble and go cheap on ht surgery.

i would start making my list by looking at docs on the coalition list here as well as docs that are building a strong patient base and consistently posting quality results.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

i have found from personal experience that in ht surgery you get what you pay for.

hairthere,

I disagree with this statement. There are several hair transplant doctors that charge a bundle, much higher than what's considered competitive, and I see no evidence that many of them do superior work. Also, there are many reasonably priced clinics that do first-rate work.

In my opinion, quality work needs to be gauged outside of cost. But be sure to research physicians thoroughly to get a better idea of who is doing the best work.

Bill

i have found from personal experience

Bill, i am not saying cost definitively equals quality. i said from my experience it did. and had i gone to mhr i would have paid far more for less grafts than i would have with dr. feller.

also, you must admit that $2/graft is far below what any of the known top doctors i.e. h&w, feller, shapiro, rahal, etc. charges.

everyone wants to pay less for this very expensive surgery. i haggled with all of the ht docs i consulted. but i think if you let cheaper costs alone dictate who you go to you increase the risk of a botched job.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

hairthere,

Actually, I believe Dr. Pathomvanich charges around $2 per graft and in my opinion does high quality ultra refined work. I do realize he's based in Thailand and not the US.

I certainly understand your personal experience. I just wanted to correct a general misconception if there was any icon_smile.gif.

Bill