Rogaine Foam After Surgery

I am considering trying the Rogaine Foam and had a few questions.

-How long I should wait following my hair transplant?

-Have any of you found any benefit from the Rogaine Foam?

-Do you apply it on the entire top of your head or just the crown?

-Is the Rogaine Foam messy and cause some bad hair days?

Thanks!

Thanks!

This is a good question. I heard Dr. Epstien has his patients use it post op, and it really helps in getting those newly transplanted hairs growing. Of course, not being a patient of Dr. E, I don't really know anything for sure. I'd like to know too.

-Steve

I don't work for a doctor.

Got 2700 fu from Ron Shapiro, 11-30-7

Guest wanthairs

gossamer

I was told by Dr. Epstein to start using 5% minoxidil 14 days after the op on all the reciepient area to speed growth by around 4 weeks. I have been doing so, plus i use it on my crown too which is as shiny as a lightbulb and was not transplanted on. Thats going to be my second procedure.

I experienced the beginning of growth at 7.5 weeks, to where others started noticing and at 12 weeks post op I almost notice a difference every other day or so. I use the foam twice a day.......Good luck

Guest wanthairs

as for bad hair days......I really dont feel that is the casee, but I shave my head down to a zero with an electric shaver so I just feel stuble. I did this so the rogaine would penetrate easier....

Originally posted by Gossamer:

Thanks!

I'm also a patient of Dr. Epstein. I began using Rogaine liquid as directed about 10 days post-op. I switched to the foam which is a lot easier to apply. The foam is a little like a gel that you would put in your hair for styling and I find its tolerable during the day. I'm not sure about the effectiveness of the foam versus the liquid. I'm almost 4-months post-op and really starting to see a lot of growth.

Cheers,

Sin

My Hair Loss Weblog

1st HT with Dr. Jeffrey Epstein 2,599 Grafts

One final question... does anyone know if this can be used in conjunction with the Nioxin regimen? I really like the scalp treatment foam and how it makes my hair more manageable/appear thicker.

Either way, if some of you have experienced some positive results, I think that I will have to give it a shot. Hopefully, it will not cause too much shedding, since I've gotten through that period and hair is beginning to grow again.

Thanks for the help!

Gossamer,

Yes, using minoxodil can be combined with the Nioxin regimen.

However, if you are using the Nioxin regimen in hopes that it will help with hair loss, you may want to reconsider.

I like the shampoo and conditioner which helps really cleanse the scalp, but it doesn't combat hair loss in any way.

Consider adding Nizoral shampoo 2 or 3 times a week into your regimen to replace the Nioxin regimen. This may potentially minimize scalp DHT.

Bill