23 think I'm receeding. Help

Ok, this is my first post here so take it easy on me

I'm 23 and I think I see my hair receeding a little. I have dark brown hair. It's also getting thin where it's receeding. It's receeding primarily in the corners, not really the front hairline. I think it's began to thin on the sides too. I just noticed this the past 6 months.

Medications I have taken Here are the meds ive been on. They are all antidepressants (yes life has been tough)

I was on paxil 40mg from 99-2002

I switched to Luvox 100mg for 4 months in 03

I then went on lexapro for 1 month

Currently I'm not on anything. I just stopped lexapro a few days ago. I'm thinking the SSRIs I was on could of had something to do with my thinning etc on the front sides?

I do play tennis 5 days a week and lift weights 6 days a week. Can this attribute to hair loss at all?

History:

My dad has a full set of hair at 58 years old. My mom has hair (lol)

My dad's father died with a very good amount of hair at age 76

My mom's father died at 74. He did thin some on the top.

My father's brothers (2 of them)all have good hair

My mother's brothers (2 of them) have good hair. Though one is receeding and thinning.

My older brother has great hair @ 29 with almost no hair loss

Given the previous info. What should I do? See a dermatologist or something?

Ok, this is my first post here so take it easy on me

I'm 23 and I think I see my hair receeding a little. I have dark brown hair. It's also getting thin where it's receeding. It's receeding primarily in the corners, not really the front hairline. I think it's began to thin on the sides too. I just noticed this the past 6 months.

Medications I have taken Here are the meds ive been on. They are all antidepressants (yes life has been tough)

I was on paxil 40mg from 99-2002

I switched to Luvox 100mg for 4 months in 03

I then went on lexapro for 1 month

Currently I'm not on anything. I just stopped lexapro a few days ago. I'm thinking the SSRIs I was on could of had something to do with my thinning etc on the front sides?

I do play tennis 5 days a week and lift weights 6 days a week. Can this attribute to hair loss at all?

History:

My dad has a full set of hair at 58 years old. My mom has hair (lol)

My dad's father died with a very good amount of hair at age 76

My mom's father died at 74. He did thin some on the top.

My father's brothers (2 of them)all have good hair

My mother's brothers (2 of them) have good hair. Though one is receeding and thinning.

My older brother has great hair @ 29 with almost no hair loss

Given the previous info. What should I do? See a dermatologist or something?

Definitely go see a dermatologist. I'm not sure if he can answer your questions about whether or not the drugs were causing some hairloss, but he should be able to point you in the right direction about some of your hairloss issues. If it's indeed male pattern baldness taking propecia isn't a big deal and can significantly slow hairloss down.

Of course, a ton of people on this site know a lot more than me about hairloss. BTW, I'm also 23 and dealing with hairloss(although for quite some time now), so you're not alone in that regard.

Yes, see a dermatologist. You may want to get a prescription for Propecia from him.

I believe that certain anti-depressants can trigger hair loss. That is something you should discuss with your doctor.... maybe there is an anti-depressant that doesn't list hair loss as one of it's side effects. Make sure your dermatologist is aware that you've been on meds that could accelerate hair loss.

One thing I can tell you for sure is it is too early for you to get a hair transplant... you still have too much hair. Be happy about that.

The good news is you are acting on this early, and so you have an excellent chance of stopping it dead in it's tracks, and possibly even reversing things, with Propecia...if it is actually male pattern baldness, that is. If it is just a reaction to the anti-depressants, it may not involve male pattern baldness. Or it may be a combination of both things.

The important thing is to go see a doctor and discuss these issues with him or her. Take care of this soon and you should do well.