3 MONTHS post op qucik question

pete68

Hello quick question, I am 3 months Post OP, had 1300 grafts, norwood 3, SO DO THE REMAINING HAIRS THAT ARE GROWING NOW, DO THEY fall out, and then grow again forvever?? I THOUGHT THAT AT ONE POINT AROUND THE 3 TO 4 MONTH TIME FRAME, THAT THE HAIRS THAT ARE GRAFTED FALL OUT AND THEN THEY GROW FOR GOOD?? CAN SOMEONE CLEAR THIS UP FOR ME??

Hello quick question, I am 3 months Post OP, had 1300 grafts, norwood 3, SO DO THE REMAINING HAIRS THAT ARE GROWING NOW, DO THEY fall out, and then grow again forvever?? I THOUGHT THAT AT ONE POINT AROUND THE 3 TO 4 MONTH TIME FRAME, THAT THE HAIRS THAT ARE GRAFTED FALL OUT AND THEN THEY GROW FOR GOOD?? CAN SOMEONE CLEAR THIS UP FOR ME??

The transplanted hair should be just beginning to grow - maybe 10% of them at 1/4" (a good way to see that is get out of the shower without drying your hair - the short ones will stick up)

If typical, you would have had 90% of your transplanted hairs fall out at 2-3 weeks. You would have also lost native hairs due to shock loss- maybe a number about 20% of what you had transplanted into the native area.

I'd say at 6 months, 70% of the transpmnted hairs will be growing and virtually all of the shockloss natives.

1 year - near 100%.

Many may disagree with these exact #'s but they are a good ballpark.

For better feedback in the future - post this in the discussion forum instead of pix.

My Pix and Hair Mentor page with advice on Choosing a Doc, anti-swelling and healing advice