Hi! Question from a young lad about hair loss/restoration.

Hi! I'm new around here, my name's Charlie Hayden, I'm 18 years old and I live in a small town in Colorado. I've been losing my hair for about 2 years now, and I was wondering what sort of information you can give me about stopping/regrowing my hairloss. I ask because I've yet to read about any people my age and their results. Attached is a rather embarrassing picture of my receding hair line. What do you think? Is permanent restoration possible? Thanks!

204315073_679221955_0.jpg.194bef08c43466aacb6e8c1f679ec165.jpg

Hi! I'm new around here, my name's Charlie Hayden, I'm 18 years old and I live in a small town in Colorado. I've been losing my hair for about 2 years now, and I was wondering what sort of information you can give me about stopping/regrowing my hairloss. I ask because I've yet to read about any people my age and their results. Attached is a rather embarrassing picture of my receding hair line. What do you think? Is permanent restoration possible? Thanks!

VH,

18 is considered too young for a hair transplant by virtually all surgeons. Although, you could find an unethical one who will gladly take your money. But, most doctors want to wait until your around 25 so the balding pattern is more established and you should wait. You could try propecia. I havent tried it, but many guys report that their hair loss has stopped as a result.

Van,

Welcome to our community! You have come to the right place for research, education, and encouragement.

Propecia and/or Rogaine are your two best bets to fight against future hair loss and they might even regrow some hair. Being that your hairline has receeded, the chances of regrowing hair in the bald areas of your hairline are slim, but still possible.

Research these medications to learn the possible benefits, risks, and limitations that they can provide.

Best wishes,

Bill

Van

We know how you feel. I started losing it at 23 or so .. Meds are the only way to stop your hairloss as Bill mentioned. Talk to your doc about options.. I am not saying to take the meds but you are an adult and it is an options ( the only one which works other than HT's)

You are way too young for a HT

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!