Hair "Implants" on Fox News?

As my wife was watching the tape from Tuesday's American Idol I saw a teaser for Fox News Chicago something like... "losing your hair, forget the plugs of the past, new technology may have hope..." or something like that and the graphic said "Hair Implants" - that part I'm sure of. Anyone know what they're talking about or catch the story? It was Fox News Chicago at 9PM on 5/7.

As my wife was watching the tape from Tuesday's American Idol I saw a teaser for Fox News Chicago something like... "losing your hair, forget the plugs of the past, new technology may have hope..." or something like that and the graphic said "Hair Implants" - that part I'm sure of. Anyone know what they're talking about or catch the story? It was Fox News Chicago at 9PM on 5/7.

If they are artificial hairs, I would think twice about getting them, and then rethink it again. Basically it's an artificial hair fiber that is "knotted" in a way that anchors it into your scalp. They've been banned in the US because they can cause allergic reactions, resulting in scarring.

Well, supposedly they have been working on a material that is less likey to cause allergic reaction. Sound good? Not really.

First of all, the hair does eventually break, wear out, etc, and needs to be replaced. Over time, as the process is repeated multiple times, this also results in scarring your scalp.

Second of all, there are visual problems with this process. Each fiber appears to be entering a tiny "sink-hole" in your scalp. For some reason (because it's a foreign body I think) the scalp reacts by forming a miniscule indentation around every fiber. It's not something you would notice except with close inspection. However, I think we can agree that your hair needs to be able to withstand close inspection.

It just seems like there are still problems with this process, even if you don't suffer from the obvious allergic reaction.