Nanogen and light

Swampdonkey

Hey guys,

Does anyone have any bad experience with using Nanogen and Toppik and going out in the sunlight.

I have used Nanogen but I am scared it can be detected when I am outside or when I am at a club and they have all of those funky lights and strobe lights flashing on my head. I am more concerned with my crown area where my head is pretty bald.

Concealers such as nanogen do appear to have a different texture from your natural hair under bright light. Make sure you apply plenty of hair spray to minimise this. It will take a bit of practice. To be honest, if you also style your hair, people will just think its the effect of the wax/gel that you use.

You just need to learn to become comfortable with it. Once you realise how much better it makes you look, you won't go without it.

Ask some of your close mates if they think your hair looks ok - I've done this and no one has ever mentioned anything about the nanogen.

The worst they might say is: It looks like you've used a bit too much wax.

It takes practice and it took me months to perfect my routine and become comfortable wearing it.

Good luck

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Before my h/t I wore nanogen often, and was out in bright sunlight, at BBq's etc, and no one ever said anything, hair looked good on pictures. One time I did notice on one pic with the sun brightly shining on my head my hair looked a bit chalky, or dusty...but I never got spotted, and I think that time I put too much on.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

The one that shows up in light is Prothik spray. I use kerasome fibers. My experience is that when I over do it tends to fall to my scalp and can be seen under certain lighting. So use it lightly and plenty of hairspray. I have used it in clubs and I had no roving eyes on my hairline but with Prothik it was a different story, very evident especially in pictures.