How many procedures can you have?

How many transplant procedures can a person have in a lifetime? I read on another site and saw that Dr.beehner said that 3 procedures is generally safe when it comes to your donor scar healing correctly ???

How many transplant procedures can a person have in a lifetime? I read on another site and saw that Dr.beehner said that 3 procedures is generally safe when it comes to your donor scar healing correctly ???

• 2 weeks later...

The number of sessions is based on the siza of available donor and the density of the donor area. Obviously a large wide donor fringe combined with great donor density will allow for many more donor sessions. Remember that the average donod density is about 100 follicular units per cm2 but the range is 50-150 so generalzations are different to make. As a general rule, most cases get 6000-8000 follicular unit grafts and still, in my expiernce, expect a donor scar of 1-3 mm wide or less. I have kept count of the last 21 cases of returns I have seen in the last 3 weeks and the scars in this group who have had upto 5 sessions range by average 1.1-1.3mm. Remember that all these scars were done by double layer plastic surgical closure and I believe this makes a difference.

BL Limmer MD icon_wink.gif jal

Dr. Limmer

• 2 months later...

I have had 6 procedures with 4 different doctors since the late 1980's.

Session sizes of 200,200,960,830,1000?, and 2 weeks ago today 1840.

The first 2 were plug type, small enough in hair size though, 3-6 hairs.

Next 3 were micro's, mini's. The 1000 probably was not 1000 though.

And last was 1840 FU's.

I had really thick black hair when started and the donor scars, hardly even know it.

I think I healed well though as I have been taking supplements since I was 15 and consistently since I was 25. I believe the donor scars will be good as the health of your body is in general !!

How many procedures, with todays HT technology, you won't need many, but as in my case, 6 is how many.

Will I have another, if finances and donor hair let me.

Thanks