Dandruff or Flat Hair

Hello,

I've been using Proscar for about 10 months now and have noticed that my scalp is beginning to get a bit dry which produces dandruff. I currently use regular soap to wash my hair because shampoo and/or conditioner will result in my hair drying flat and unmanageable.

I would like to know how to get rid of the dryness and dandruff and not cause my hair to get flat once it is dry.

Thank you.

dense

Hi Dense

You should use Nizoral shampoo for the dandruff and hairloss. Do a search on Nizoral on this site and you will be surprised. It has anti DHT qualities and should be used as part of a hairloss program ( in my opinion as well as many others on here)

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

OK, the reason I've been staying away from shampoo and/or conditioners is because they leave my hair flat, limp, and very difficult to style so as to conceal my hair loss. As mentioned above, I began taking Proscar almost a year ago and have noticed my scalp getting dry and now have dandruff.

I just ordered Nizoral 1% and plan to use twice a week for about 8 weeks, then every so often to treat my dandruff. My question is what solution can I use to clean my hair without leaving it flat, limpy, thin and unmanageable? That is a huge concern for me.

Your suggestions are greatly valued.

Thank you in advance.

dence.

tkerr22, thank you for your suggestion. I have noticed that a lot of other members are using Nioxin products, but when I visited their site, I was a bit confused with the many and different variety of products that they offer.

On the Nioxin web site, there are three questions they ask you. Based on your answers to those questions, the product is automatically selected for you. My question is if this method is good or should I choose something else? Im confused.