Suggest top HT docs in Los Angeles?

I have visited a few doctors in LA, i am confused as to which one to choose from? This is Dr Siporin, Dr Reed, Dr willian Rassman ETC. Can any one suggest me as to who amongst these or any other i should consider with reasons!!!

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

I have visited a few doctors in LA, i am confused as to which one to choose from? This is Dr Siporin, Dr Reed, Dr willian Rassman ETC. Can any one suggest me as to who amongst these or any other i should consider with reasons!!!

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

I had a transplant done almost 3 months ago with Dr. Siporin and he wuz very friendly, answered all my questions and did a great job. my scar is pencil thin. i am still in the waiting phase, so the hair is beginning to sprout if i look VERY closely in the mirror, but the scar is healing well. He is a very personable fellow, and i would trust him with #2 if ever necessary. Also, i live in hawaii, so i flew in to LA to have my work done

nemesis,

Welcome to our forum.

In any surgery, there is scarring, and it is permanent. When hair is removed from one location and transplanted to another, the removed hair does not grow back and leaves a scar. With the trichophytic closure technique, one side of the wound overlaps the other, and hair can grow through it which will help camoflauge the scar. But you will never be able to shave your head completely or shave it too closely without revealing the scar.

Best wishes,

Bill

Originally posted by nemesis_usa:

wow thanks for that ultrasonic quick reply...!so dhow long do the scars stay? would i need to take an off from work? if so then how long do you think?

thanks

nemisis;

Welcome aboard. Your second question, about how long you'll have to take off from work is dependent on the job I suppose. But, here's what I did:

I had about 2750 grafts, which is considered at the lower end of a 'mega' session. I work in an office setting, with just a secretary but I do have clients who "pop" in from time to time.

I didn't tell my secretary what was going on, so she didn't leave me alone. But, I had the procedure on Thursday and went back to the office on Monday at 11 a.m. The only thing noticeable for me was the large holes where he removed some old plugs.

However, I would recommend taking a week off.

You'll be still sort of groggy (sp?) for five days or so, so if you can I'd just take it easy.

I actually worked out at seven days (which I also wouldn't recommend), as I go with a trainer and a couple of clients so I didn't want them to think anything was wrong with me. I acted like my wrist was injured so I didn't have to go 100%.

A small session of 1200 with no repair work, maybe four or five days to return to work.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Originally posted by mgoldberg:

Bill --

I can recommend what I want, right?

I think it's reasonable for the ownership to point out that a certain doctor has been asked to provide results, and hasn't made the cut, too.

So, this is my judgement: both of you are within your rights.... icon_biggrin.gif

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

mgoldberg,

Of course, but since you are recommending him solely based on your personal experience, I felt that the forum members and guests reading this thread should have a more well rounded understanding rather than a narrow minded one.

In my opinion, recommendations should be based on consistency of results and not one stand-alone personal experience. I'm sure you can appreciate this. If you were in his shoes, wouldn't you want to consider ALL the data rather than one man's experience?

Bill

had Dr. Siporin do my transplant, and I was very pleased, beginning to end.

bb

Bill -

Your site has educated me with knowledge based on personal experiences and education from doctors & their assistants. This has helped lead me to a better life by feeling confident enough with the technology to to go through the procedure..

I am bummed, but respect your reasoning for putting Dr D on your shi*list. I provided my similar post to the beachair guy to offer my personal recommendation. I was also eager to see how quickly you'd retort my note.

mgoldberg,

I find it uncanny that you would provide a recommendation based solely on your personal experience when other evidence conveys his lack of consistency.

My interest in this community is for the overall good of each patient. Whereas I do not want to discount or discredit your personal experience, the reason for Dr. DeYarman's removal from the Hair Transplant Network was due to a number of patient reports of poor growth. This was all "pre-lawsuit" and I felt exactly the same then.

I hope that as a satisfied patient yourself that you will want the same for your fellow balding brothers and sisters. I trust that you will consider and present all the relevant evidence when helping patients find a hair transplant surgeon and not limit yourself with tunnel vision.

I also trust that you will not make it a personal agenda to promote Dr. DeYarman and discedit other patient experiences that were less than satisfied with his work.

Bill