Reducing gigantic forehead.

Joe HT

My doctor had reservations about me dropping my hairline. Understandably, I guess.

But one of my desires in even deciding on HT surgery was lowering my hairline. I simply don't like my forehead being so high. I don't care about whether or not it's obvious I "did something" with my hair, I just want to take the hairline down maybe half an inch, after the first and second HT's take effect down the road.

I know it's usually not recommended to lower the hairline much, but isn't cosmetic surgery meant to address what one's not happy with regarding their appearance?

Are any doctors known to drop hairlines well? I'm guessing I'd only need 1000 or less FU's?

Would it make more sense to drop the hairline as part of the second session, or as its own procedure?

My doctor had reservations about me dropping my hairline. Understandably, I guess.

But one of my desires in even deciding on HT surgery was lowering my hairline. I simply don't like my forehead being so high. I don't care about whether or not it's obvious I "did something" with my hair, I just want to take the hairline down maybe half an inch, after the first and second HT's take effect down the road.

I know it's usually not recommended to lower the hairline much, but isn't cosmetic surgery meant to address what one's not happy with regarding their appearance?

Are any doctors known to drop hairlines well? I'm guessing I'd only need 1000 or less FU's?

Would it make more sense to drop the hairline as part of the second session, or as its own procedure?

I'd have no problem going for FUE to follow the baldness, though. I'm not concerned with what can happen after the fact, unless there is a near-future danger of running out of hair altogether. However I'm not as concerned with the temples themselves so much as just dropping the front a half an inch or a bit less.

(Edit: sorry if I sound stubborn, I just don't think I do a good job completely explaining my stance and future expectations...for example, I have no problem chasing a receding temple)

[This message was edited by Joe HT on December 08, 2003 at 04:33 PM.]