Where to start

NO

Potentially you could get a decent doc that is up and coming and hasn't yet broken free from MHR. Why take this chance? Hit the "find" feature on this site and you'll see what most think of MHR. You should check into Coalition physicians listed on this site and then research them to see if they are right for you.

It is a good idea to post your pics and where you live, your goals for HT, etc, and you will get a lot of informative help. Good luck.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Louis in NJ,

Welcome to the forums. Unfortunately, MHR and Bosley, two very publicized and advertised clinics seem to have more horror stories than success stories, at least posted on this and other forums. Use the "Find" feature of this and other forums to do a search for MHR and Bosley and you will find what you are looking for. Having been around here for 2.5 years, I've seen mostly negative experiences and very few positives. But don't take my word for it. Research, research, research. You've come to the right place.

Additionally, I would advice researching these doctors too who have proven to be some of the best in the industry: http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/hair-loss-content...s/our_physicians.asp

Bill

Louis,

I'm in NJ too and researched extensively before deciding on which doctor to choose. Ultimately, I listened to Bill and other's advice about using a proven coalition doctor and am going with Dr. Feller in Great Neck NY on 2/22.

Don't worry about distance either. There was a doctor only 10 minutes from my office in South Jersey, but I decided driving 2 1/2 hours is a small price to pay for the benefit of a great hairline for years to come.

There are too many bad reviews from some of the big shops, so why take a chance? Keep researching on this forum and other's and you'll see the same names being praised (coalition doctors) and other's panned (Bosely...).

Continue to post in this forum so everyone can help you out. Best of luck in your search.