question about scar

my donor scar looks fine but just below the red line there is some area with no hair, recently buzzed my hair short and you can really notice this bald area just below the incision line, almost patchy spots. is this normal for being just over 2 weeks post op? will the hair grow back in this area, is this possible shock loss around the donor area? just concerned and unsure, any feedback would be great.thanks

my donor scar looks fine but just below the red line there is some area with no hair, recently buzzed my hair short and you can really notice this bald area just below the incision line, almost patchy spots. is this normal for being just over 2 weeks post op? will the hair grow back in this area, is this possible shock loss around the donor area? just concerned and unsure, any feedback would be great.thanks

tkerr22,

Take a look at my photo album for photos of my donor area at 3 months post-op. Specifically the photo titled "Scar inside." I had some pretty good shock loss around the scar that grew back in very quickly. That photo was taken fresh from a hair cut with a #2 guard. Around 2 months or so later it was easily covered with hair cut also with a #2 guard.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Hard to say. In theory, it could stimulate the follicles to speed up growth, but it may be more hassle than it's worth.

I didn't utilize it, but you may find it helpful. Good luck and let me know how you progress.

-Robert

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

went to the doc and he checked out my donor area and said that it was shock loss in the donor area and said it was around where the stitches were in. He said just like above post said that not sure why it happened but for some reason those follicles didn't agree with the stiches there and were most likely irritated and fell out, thus shock loss. He said to put minoxidil on it but most likely it should grow back in 4 months or so. So hopefully all will be good and the area will grow back nicely. time will tell, stupid time!

tkerr,

Good to hear. It should be temporary, but keep us updated. I'm interested in the occurrence of trauma-related shock loss to the donor area. I have not seen a permanent case yet.

-Robert