How many FU's can be transplanted?

How many FU's can the 'average' male have transplanted over his lifetime? Is it in the range of harvesting 7000-10000 FU's?

I already had 3475 FU's done the first time which covered the 2/3 front portion of my scalp and now I am having another 3000FU procedure which will cover the remaining crown area.

This should be my last one. I was told that I should have some 'reserve' of hairs that can be transplanted, if needed. in the far future.

How many FU's can the 'average' male have transplanted over his lifetime? Is it in the range of harvesting 7000-10000 FU's?

I already had 3475 FU's done the first time which covered the 2/3 front portion of my scalp and now I am having another 3000FU procedure which will cover the remaining crown area.

This should be my last one. I was told that I should have some 'reserve' of hairs that can be transplanted, if needed. in the far future.

The information I have indicates average donor supply is 4,500 - 6,000 FU's. This may be a bit conservative, but I would not count on it. Based on that number, if you were an average man, you would not have much left in the donor bank. Use them wisely!

MR

Y@?X?stg means 'the most in one session". 4500 sounds familiar...

Obviously some guys get more than 4500 total grafts, just not in a single session.

There are some doctors who like to keep the grafts down to around 1500 per session, because they think there is a possibilty they will grow better when graft numbers are kept under a certain point. They prefer to err on the side of caution. Other docs are confident that sessions larger than that are no problem.

"Maximum grafts per session" is an interesting topic, and maybe even a bit controversial. Just because a guy "could" get 4500 grafts in one session, is it actually a good idea?