How much hair loss during shampoo is normal?

I'm curious as to how much hair loss during shampooing people with HT's are experiencing.

I noticed after my second HT, I lost probably 10 to 20 hairs during each shampoo and this went on for about a year. I think most of it was my original hair as I had transplanted hair put in and around my original hair that was at the top of my head.

Right now, I see 2 to 5 hairs per shampoo and I'm just past the 2 months of my 3rd HT. I hope this is normal...

Kramer

I'm curious as to how much hair loss during shampooing people with HT's are experiencing.

I noticed after my second HT, I lost probably 10 to 20 hairs during each shampoo and this went on for about a year. I think most of it was my original hair as I had transplanted hair put in and around my original hair that was at the top of my head.

Right now, I see 2 to 5 hairs per shampoo and I'm just past the 2 months of my 3rd HT. I hope this is normal...

Kramer

Originally posted by Bill:

Kramer,

See my other post to your other message...but being just 2 months post op...you could easily be still experiencing temporary shock or shedding that will stop shortly and should all grow back!

Bill

Thanks for the response. Right now, I'm not losing to much during shampooing but I have noticed hair loss since HT 3 which is probably shock loss as you said.

I am curious as to how much hair loss others are seeing when they shampoo.

Thanks for the response Bill.

Kramer