Next Wave question

Steph3dfx

Hi gang,

I had 2 FU strip last summer (June and July 10th). For a total of around 2300 fu.

The front and top region where done.

While there is no miracle the result is good and

exciting. I'm also on Propecia since september.

(just in case. I'm NW 5+)

A lot of the original grafted hair didn't fall and most of the rest grew 3-4 month after. But I still feel new hair comming out, so maybe these are from propecia, I don't know.

I'm looking for another session (may 7th) to do the crown and some minor touch up in the front area. (should be around 1000 fu)

Can you tell me if the grafted hair from last summer can be part of the shock fallout from the next session ????

Thanks

Hi gang,

I had 2 FU strip last summer (June and July 10th). For a total of around 2300 fu.

The front and top region where done.

While there is no miracle the result is good and

exciting. I'm also on Propecia since september.

(just in case. I'm NW 5+)

A lot of the original grafted hair didn't fall and most of the rest grew 3-4 month after. But I still feel new hair comming out, so maybe these are from propecia, I don't know.

I'm looking for another session (may 7th) to do the crown and some minor touch up in the front area. (should be around 1000 fu)

Can you tell me if the grafted hair from last summer can be part of the shock fallout from the next session ????

Thanks

Yes, transplanted hairs are still subject to shock loss. Thick terminal hairs (whether transplanted or original) that get shocked out are probably primarily due to the recipient graft site cuts and anesthesia injections being in real close proximity to existing hair follicles. At the same time, individuals vary in the amount of secondary scalp trauma from the overall effects of the anesthesia and donor strip harvesting (and potentially past transplants -- especially ones done single-digit months prior). It is common sense that high-density / high-graft count transplants will result in more shock-loss on a patient with a good amount of existing hair. Some good news is you should experience less shock fall-out on the second transplant, assuming at least a year between transplants, because most of the very fine "vellus" peach-fuzz type hairs typically fall-out after the first transplant. In any event, the majority of the shocked "terminal" hairs (both transplanted and original) should grow back. Although the risk of shock loss is real, the benefits of a quality hair transplant far outweigh them for almost everybody. The most beneficial shock prevention you can control is probably taking Propecia/Proscar for 12 months prior to your transplant to thicken up your existing hair. Peace.

GratefulHead