Can you afford a hair transplant?

Dewayne

This is a fine argument FOR it right here:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=364

I know this isn't right for everyone, and finances are important, etc. But the discussion last week, imo, lacked the emotional and potential economic boost you can get from restoring your hair.

I was an analyst for a manufacturing operation right out of college, and when we did the math on paybacks of expensive equipment and it could be achieved in a year or two, it didn't matter what it cost or the interest rate.

Just another reminder there's more to it than simple finance.... JMO>

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

This is a fine argument FOR it right here:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=364

I know this isn't right for everyone, and finances are important, etc. But the discussion last week, imo, lacked the emotional and potential economic boost you can get from restoring your hair.

I was an analyst for a manufacturing operation right out of college, and when we did the math on paybacks of expensive equipment and it could be achieved in a year or two, it didn't matter what it cost or the interest rate.

Just another reminder there's more to it than simple finance.... JMO>

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

IF YOU GOT THE DOUGH YOU GOT THE GROW!!! Say you are a young single guy credit score 650 and are paying off your school loans and you just financed your beautiful new car and paying rent in Boston at crazy prices and you are making 35k per year at an entry level job. This was my case back in the hay day and boy I wanted an ht bad. I sucked it up and saved my $$$$ and waited to see how my future hairloss was going. If I did the 1st procedure in my early days I would of had a nice little gap in the mid frontal area of my head and would of been like I need another ht with another finance!!!

my next ??? to myself would of been I should of just shaved my head for awhile and sucked it up and built on my character of strength for my inner man. I did understand the look good feel good more $$$$$ error since I am in Real Estate' Looks can go far in this business. Plans are what direct our paths and I decided on a harder road in my early days,but looked to the future at my late 30s and why not just pay cash and work a better deal with a doc.

I hate debt and its bondage!!! My grandfather once said if you dont have the cash dont buy it,because back in his day there where no credit cards lol.. I would also like to hear from guys out there how the majority are paying for there ht procedures and what your making per year(not to be to personal, but to get an accurate assumption for the guys who have to finance)

Hey Dewayne I love this topic and thanks for posting it!!! It should be interesting!!! Let me just ask you one ???? Did you finance or did you pay cash? Let me tell you what I paid and the amount of grafts I got $7900.00 for 2953 grafts with a haircount of 5578 total new hairs. I paid $2.68 per graft with a world class ht Doc.

The way I look at it is that I can come close to having 2 hts at the price of one ht. Cash does that and I would like to know what financing will get you for a deal

Originally posted by Dewayne:
Originally posted by djdennis:

Hey Dewayne I love this topic and thanks for posting it!!! It should be interesting!!! Let me just ask you one ???? Did you finance or did you pay cash? Let me tell you what I paid and the amount of grafts I got $7900.00 for 2953 grafts with a haircount of 5578 total new hairs. I paid $2.68 per graft with a world class ht Doc.

The way I look at it is that I can come close to having 2 hts at the price of one ht. Cash does that and I would like to know what financing will get you for a deal

I too think certain debt (you mentioned you financed the hot new car?) is very bad. School loans? There are other options there, too. ROTC? National Guard? Job? College is obviously a good investment but my point is why do you think it's ok to finance an education but not ok to finance a h.t.? Now granted, better to do both or either without debt; but both of those things are tremendous investments! The car? Probably not, but most guys will finance one of those without blinking an eye, as both you and I did.

Go for the hair, imo. But, a mortgage in some cases could be considered good debt AND a hair transplant can certainly be considered good debt. An education is good debt as well.

If you're already swimmning in debt don't do it, no don't finance anything. But, if you can trade a $500 car payment for a $500 payment for your 4000 grafts from Dr. Wong - - hell yea!

My point is, most young men (or old men) buy so much bullshit that I think sometimes a complete transformation of your head is worth more than the other stuff. Of course, there is better bartering power anytime you've got cash, but it's hard to calculate the loss of $$ because of one's lack of self-esteem about balding. Who's to say you wouldn't have made 25% more per year in sales? Or been promoted a couple of times during that time if you would have got the transplant?

I did finance my first one at 24, but paid for the one last week. But, being 41 you can come up with money much easier. Before I wore a hat everywhere and stayed inside, I'd forego financing the car, and some other stuff, and finance a h.t. It'd be 1st or 2nd on my list. This topic was response to the guy who said no way - no how get a ht unless you've got the cash. That's wrong, imo.

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Sounds like a good deal, but I bet you lost your ass on the new car you financed? I think we agree on finances, but my point is financing is an option for guys who will make up the cost and the financing with more earning power - or a better wife? LOL.

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Back in the hay day I did loose alot from that car. I bought a brand New 1999 Chrysler 300m 1st one out!! I had problems after a few years and the car was in and out of the shop with transmissions problems and the warranty was just about over. I did total the car which saved me and I was on the 5 year finance plan. So the insurance covered the 10k I owed. I think after that deal I got wiser and smarter with my $$$$. The ht would of been more cost effecient,but the technology was not where I liked it to be. The house is great debt and you are always putting equity into it. But the car I just bought was a practical 22k Mazda 3 car and I do have the hot wife. I guess I have not really had any problems with the hairloss that it effected the woman,but If I did I would of done the ht a long time ago. I can see from your standpoint if you are staying in your house and not going out how this would effect socializing.

Hey Dewayne my friend just married a girl South Vietnam and she is only 23 years old and he is 44 years old. If you are looking for a hot wife I would go to the phillipines because that is a christian society and they speak english alot of the woman. lol

Back in the hay day I did loose alot from that car. I bought a brand New 1999 Chrysler 300m 1st one out!! I had problems after a few years and the car was in and out of the shop with transmissions problems and the warranty was just about over. I did total the car which saved me and I was on the 5 year finance plan. So the insurance covered the 10k I owed. I think after that deal I got wiser and smarter with my $$$$. The ht would of been more cost effecient,but the technology was not where I liked it to be. The house is great debt and you are always putting equity into it. But the car I just bought was a practical 22k Mazda 3 car and I do have the hot wife. I guess I have not really had any problems with the hairloss that it effected the woman,but If I did I would of done the ht a long time ago. I can see from your standpoint if you are staying in your house and not going out how this would effect socializing.

Hey Dewayne my friend just married a girl South Vietnam and she is only 23 years old and he is 44 years old. If you are looking for a hot wife I would go to the phillipines because that is a christian society and they speak english alot of the woman. lol

Luckily I've got one of those already, too. Except she's from South Alabama! My loss has bothered me at about a 6 on a 1-10 scale; but I'm sure it's awful for some of the guys who are a 9 or 10 on that scale. My wife didn't notice my thinning until we'd been married about a year, but I'm sure she wouldn't be the type to care, but you know how it goes...

Sounds like you are set, though.

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Dewayne congrats on your ht and I saw your pics and they looked excellent and the doc did some nice clean work. Yeah my wife went to the procedure with me in everything and has been quite supportive. She said that I did not need the ht,but if it makes you happy go for it. She is A spanish girl from Bolivia. Are you considering another ht? I am willing to do another just for touchups,but I might not need another. I was a norwood 3 or 4.

Dewayne congrats on your ht and I saw your pics and they looked excellent and the doc did some nice clean work. Yeah my wife went to the procedure with me in everything and has been quite supportive. She said that I did not need the ht,but if it makes you happy go for it. She is A spanish girl from Bolivia. Are you considering another ht? I am willing to do another just for touchups,but I might not need another. I was a norwood 3 or 4.

I don't know. The reason we decided to pull out the old plugs is I'm more interested now in the most natural look; after a few years of looking somewhat odd up close. Not everyone noticed it I think, but I could tell a few people would notice.

But, I'll probably get some greed but it'll be a couple of years anyway. Dr. Cooley said I have 3,000 remaining, so I might get 1500 into the crown and save some for 10 years from now.

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Dang, if you think of it that way; can you believe we pay up to $2 per hair? When you put it in that perspective, doesn't that sound outrageous?

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week