Worry about the result

I am currently at 3 and a half months post-op from a 1,000 grafs HT. When my HT was done initially, I was very satisfy with the density. However, I am begin to worry that the result would not be as dense. I know that I am only at 3 and a half months,but I can't stop to worry about it. I was wondering those of you out there who have gained the final result HT got the same density as when the hairs were initially transplanted. Also, is there any variation between the way of the HT look right after the surgery and the final result of the HT. In other words, isn't it possible to tell if you got a good HT or not (or if you are satisfy with the density, the way the hair were transplanted) right off the bat, right after the surgery? For instance, wouldn't you be able to notice whether the HT was pluggy or not dense enough just by the way the hair were positioned by the Doctor? I was very satisfied with the way my HT looked right after the surgery, now I am just worry that my final result may not even come close to that. Please give me some advice. Thanx.

I am currently at 3 and a half months post-op from a 1,000 grafs HT. When my HT was done initially, I was very satisfy with the density. However, I am begin to worry that the result would not be as dense. I know that I am only at 3 and a half months,but I can't stop to worry about it. I was wondering those of you out there who have gained the final result HT got the same density as when the hairs were initially transplanted. Also, is there any variation between the way of the HT look right after the surgery and the final result of the HT. In other words, isn't it possible to tell if you got a good HT or not (or if you are satisfy with the density, the way the hair were transplanted) right off the bat, right after the surgery? For instance, wouldn't you be able to notice whether the HT was pluggy or not dense enough just by the way the hair were positioned by the Doctor? I was very satisfied with the way my HT looked right after the surgery, now I am just worry that my final result may not even come close to that. Please give me some advice. Thanx.

I'm currently 29 weeks post-op from a 1500 graft HT. When I first got out of surgery, I too felt great about how it looked. My hair was very short going into surgery, and the grafts kinda just blended right in afterwards. Of course, the initial shedding of the grafts occurred, and I went back to where I started from originally. The whole thing is definitely a waiting game, and you cant fully know the final results until at least a year from your HT. Just sit back, relax, and know that you're going to be better off down the road.

Take pics now, otherwise, it may be difficult to remember where you started from. The new grafts will start coming in soon, and the growth, depending on where your grafts were implanted, will tend to just blend right in.

Who was your doctor by the way, and what norwood class were you going into surgery?

Yeah, I know what you are talking about. You get that jacked feeling right after the surgery because everything looks dense and really great. The initial redness and scabs you see, although rather unsightly to some degree, may even add to the overall density effect by adding contrast between bald scalp and hair.

However, you need to also remember that the hair shafts were at their full thickness right after surgery and prior to their shedding. At 3.5 months, they may be starting to visibly grow in but their shaft thickness is likely still very thin, wispy and vellous-like. Additionally, you probably only have a certain amount growing now and more will come in later (you may still only have 1 hair growing out of a 2 hair FU, for example).

Once all come in and they approach their full thickness, your opinion will likely improve. However, many still want more density even after all is fully developed and go in for additional session(s). I just had a second session myself 2.5 months ago (1700+) and am already seeing definite growth (albeit still very wispy). icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck and hang in there! icon_wink.gif

trying2moveahead

My HT was done by Dr. Thomas A. Law in New York City. Another thing is that right now my left side seems to grow much more noticeable than my right side of transplanted hair. I worry if the result is going to be different for both sides. God...this is horrible...i am in such a precarious situation and I can't do anything about it...I am in God's hand now!!!