wearing a ball cap is not good!!!

justme051

i realize that wearing a cap doesnt make you go bald but it is VERY detrimental those with a new h/t! i am now 1 month post op. i had hair added to both the crown and front. i wore a cap from day 1 to try and conceal the surgery, being more than careful not to rub the cap front against the new transplants (wearing it way down on my forehead. just fyi-i have lost nearly all the hairs along my front hairline and still have all the hairs that were transplanted on the crown. i know just the friction of putting on and taking off the hat is what made them fall out in front. they very well may come back/or not but if you want to hang on to themfor long as possible...dont do the cap thing!

Hey Just me

I think the cap thing is ok as almost all docs say to bring a cap for post surgery. BUT you have to be very careful just as with all other "head related" things.. I wore a cap after all three of mine and had no problems..

Everyone please be careful

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

justme,

If the grafts survived in your scalp the first 10 days while you were wearing a hat, then your hat had nothing to do with the hairline grafts disappearing before the crown ones. Most if not all of the transplanted hairs shed between 2-4 weeks anyway (some hold on a little longer). Just FYI.

Bill