2 weeks and dropping like flys

At 2 weeks I'm losing new grafts. I still have some scabs but as the come off so does a new baby hair. I hope that having a bulb attached to the hair is ok and normal? Any feedback would be comforting. Also, I'm using a moisturizer because I'm flakey from the procedure. Is this normal?

At 2 weeks I'm losing new grafts. I still have some scabs but as the come off so does a new baby hair. I hope that having a bulb attached to the hair is ok and normal? Any feedback would be comforting. Also, I'm using a moisturizer because I'm flakey from the procedure. Is this normal?

Perfectly normal, it's expected. You'll lose most, if not, all the new ones in a few more weeks and they'll regrow in 3-4 months. In fact, having them stay would've been abnormal & surprising icon_wink.gif

I'm surprised your doc didn't let you know this.

rjvw, I am almost at the month mark and at the 12 day I was freaking out because of your same problem. All those flakes would come attached to 3 and 4 hairs which killed me everytime I took a shower. My Doctor recommended that I'd use T-Sal shampoo and that I scrubbed a little harder since your implants are already in there and would require surgical intervention to be removed- That being said, relax, shampoo a little harder and laugh when you see those flakes with hairs and bulbs attached to them. Personally, I look at my hand full of those hairs and I say to my self " see you later!"

Good luck and post up whenver you need info. Bill and some others are experts at this thing and great advisors.

Who was your Dr and how many graphs did you get?

Juan, my doctor was Epstein in Miami and I had 2100. I had a feeling everything I was going thru was normal but I just thought I'd put it out there just to be sure. Thanks for both Youngguy and you for getting back to me.

RoboNick,

At one month, most people's grafts have fallen out by then, however, some people do shed late. Additionally, it's also possible (and you would know better than I for your case) that you are experiencing some shockloss of some of your native or previously transplanted hair that will return later in time.

Regarding hiding the shedding...unless you want to consider using a topical or wearing a hat, there's not much you can do about it. I try to stay away from products like Dermatch and Toppik, just because I feel artificial even though it might look natural. But it's worth a shot.

Bill

Bill: I know that some native also have fallen, I even think some have already started to sprout out for me and some still are falling.

Havent posted my HT here, but on another forum by Nobinally.

Well hat works, but in bed it would be a new style =) I want to use a little dermatech one day, you guys think it can hurt my grafts?