Propecia dosing..my observations

NW

Hello friends,

Re: Propecia

I have been on Propecia for 3-4 years now, I had started at the 1mg dose per day, worked out excellent.

I then thought I would go with the old school wisdom of taking the "lowest effective dose"..so I went to .5mg daily...same good results.

So 6 months ago I went to .25mg daily...well that was too low and I noticed subtle signs of thinning and have recently went back to .5mg daily.

Unfortunately it took a couple months to kick back in at the .5mg dose and finally I see signs of healthier growth - especially in the crown.

I am wondering if anyone else has experimented with lower doses and had any similiar experiences ?

I think for the majority of people Mereck has it about right at 1mg daily. I welcome anyone elses experiences ?..I hafta say this reaffirms "for me" that the drug helps MPB immensly.

NW

Hello friends,

Re: Propecia

I have been on Propecia for 3-4 years now, I had started at the 1mg dose per day, worked out excellent.

I then thought I would go with the old school wisdom of taking the "lowest effective dose"..so I went to .5mg daily...same good results.

So 6 months ago I went to .25mg daily...well that was too low and I noticed subtle signs of thinning and have recently went back to .5mg daily.

Unfortunately it took a couple months to kick back in at the .5mg dose and finally I see signs of healthier growth - especially in the crown.

I am wondering if anyone else has experimented with lower doses and had any similiar experiences ?

I think for the majority of people Mereck has it about right at 1mg daily. I welcome anyone elses experiences ?..I hafta say this reaffirms "for me" that the drug helps MPB immensly.

NW