The Truth about The Hair Transplant Of Tulsa

I am writing this response to the accusations from "The Victim" on this forum for The Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa. I am a recent patient who had 1300 grafts from their clinic and although it has been only about 4 weeks, I can tell you they do an excellent job. I had my first surgery in Atlanta, GA, with Dr Griffin, who did an excellent job as well. but it cost me twice as much and I got half as many grafts. After hearing and reading what has been said on here, I can see that this situation is very misleading. For starters, you can't look at a picture 3 days after surgery and expect to be able to count the "scabs" to know how many grafts you received. I have my picture up at here Comments are there regarding the misleading ideas concerning "the victims" claims. It would take too much space here to discuss.

I will tell you though that the process most clinics, including The Hair Transplant Center, use to count grafts is they lay them out in rows of 100 as they are dissecting them. So it is very easy to tell exactly how many grafts they are putting in.

I just don't think there is any point in cheating someone out of a few grafts when they are already performing the surgery anyway. It just doesn't make sense and it is certainly not ethical.

Upon my suggestion, The Hair Transplant Center has decided to drop the lawsuit against the victim, as they firmly stand behind their work and have no reason to pursue this lawsuit any further. As they are not very internet savvy and had no guidance in responding to these accusations on this forum until now, they felt they had no other choice. I am sure anyone who has any questions for them can reach them through their web site here. You will also find comments from patients who have previous transplants from the biggest names out there and say The Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa was by far the best experience they have had and wish they would have gone there first.

As for the experience and integrity of the staff at the Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa, I think everyone should know their background and it may help you decide what to really think of them. I am posting this to let all intelligent people here who aren't working for some other surgeon form their own opinion. They will be happy to discuss anything with anyone about Hair Transplants and their extensive experience. They can be reached at their company web site

About the Staff at The Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa, Oklahoma:

They Hair Transplant Center Of Tulsa has one of the most recognized staff in the industry today. In the Comments by "The Victim," he says that the surgeon did not even do the work, they had a "nurse" do it and the Dr. only removed the incision hair from the scalp. For the record I would like to clarify just exactly who this "nurse" as he said is and let all the intelligent people who might be in this forum who would like to know the truth about The Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa come to their own conclusion.

"Nurse Betty" as was called by "the victim" happens to be the Surgical and Medical Director of the HTC who started doing transplants back in 1967, when she started the procedure with O'Tar Norwood M.D. For those of you who do not know who Dr. Norwood is, it may help you to know that he is the Doctor who created the "NORWOOD CHART" everyone goes by to this day as a measure of the hair loss. Her experience is unsurpassed by anyone in the industry and certainly not by anyone on this forum. She was doing hair transplants with Dr Norwood before most of the surgeons commenting here were even born. She has done every type of hair transplant that has been done and has a full understanding of the benefits and pitfalls of each.

She has been doing this very successfully for 36 years, 30 of those working beside Dr. Norwood. She personally trained Clara Prather who has been her assistant for 20 of those years and is currently assisting her at The Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa. So between them, they have done more transplants than probably any other single team of Doctors in the industry.

Betty Ann Studier was also instrumental in the development of The Norwood Classification Scale, which is used by most hair transplant surgeons and staffs. She has been involved in teaching many who were interested in starting in Hair Restoration Surgery. She also assisted in training the successor to Dr. Norwood's clinic, Dr. Blaine Lehr, when he started in Hair Restoration Surgery.

She has seen the entire gamut of Hair Restoration from its inception. Whatever technique you may care to mention she has been there and done it.

She has also done teaching and training around the world. She still has requests to teach new procedures in Hair Restoration, such as teaching the latest in Microscopic Disection and Follicular Unit Transplantation with Microscopic Disection. Any surgeon in this forum would have been blessed to have had the opportunity to be trained by Betty.

Betty has assisted in gathering information for several articles written on Hair Restoration. Her name is well known in the Hair Restoration community throughout the entire world. Dr. Norwood wrote the first book on hair transplants, "Hair Transplant Surgery" and dedicated it to Betty Ann Studier. Dr. Norwood also filmed the first training instructions and was assisted by Betty.

She was acknowledged for her contribution to the introduction of Hair Transplant Surgery in "The Forum" in 1999, a magazine published by The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery.

This incredible woman has dedicated her life to the advancement of Surgical Hair Transplants, much to the delight of thousands of lucky recipients. She utilizes the latest technological advances and has been instrumental in developing a lot of them.

So ask yourself, "why would one of the most known and respected hair transplant staff in the world tell you they are giving you a certain number of grafts and then give you less?"

To be honest with you, in my experience, you wind up getting a few more because they always plant every graft that is harvested. You just don't go as far in this industry as Betty and her staff has and cheat people. I am sure she would have no problem standing by anything she has ever done and have a line of respected names in the industry behind her.

So, anyone who is serious about having hair transplant surgery at a price that is way less than most less experienced clinics offer, need look no further than The Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa. This is not just ONE of the cosmetic surgeries they do at The Hair Transplant Center. It is THE ONLY thing they do.

I am writing this because I recently had a hair transplant from them and found them to be the most honest, straight forward team of people, who truly enjoy bringing about positive results in their clients. I had 1300 grafts and am very excited by the current results. I had them done on Jan 17th 2003. I went to get a hair cut about 2 weeks after the procedure and my barber, who has seen many hair transplants come through his chair said mine was the best one he has seen and could not even tell I had anything done by looking at it. Only the short hairs he could feel. This is my second procedure. The first one I had done with Dr. Edmond Griffin in Atlanta, GA. He did a great job for anyone looking to him for their hair transplant. He is just way more expensive. I currently live in Dallas, Texas now and chose the Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa to do my next HT because of their experience and price as well as their proximity, although they have the most generous travel allowance in the industry. I got twice as many HTs for half what I spent before.

As for the victim: His picture says it was 3 days after surgery. I can tell you from recent experience that

1) Many of the FU and Micrografts do not even leave a scab, just a little bump that is barely visible immediately after.

2) After 3 days there are lots of smaller scabs that have already fallen out.

I am posting my pic from immediately after surgery and you can see that there are some scabs, and lots of grafts where there are no scabs. So it is very misleading to want to count the scabs 3 days after surgery when a lot of them are gone and some grafts made such small scabs they were really just bumps, as you can see from my picture. Now from this picture I can tell you that after about 10-12 days all my scabs were gone and there was barely any evidence I even had a transplant, only a slight pink color in the skin, and after 2 weeks there was no evidence other than the little hairs you could feel if you rubbed my head. Those all fell out over the next couple weeks and now the new hairs have started growing. The second pic was taken today and you can obviously see you can't see anything. Which is definitely a sign of a great procedure.

So when I see comments about their work ranging from "poor type work" from a Dr. who has been doing hair transplants for maybe 10 years if he is lucky, it makes me wonder just how much he thinks he knows.

And about the "horseshoe" comment, that is called a hairline. If you have ever seen anyone with a shaved head, it has the same shape as you see in the picture.

And another comment from someone who was happy with the work but thought they should get a different clinic with more experience to do the hair line that they want, I don't think you will find one.

As for the other comments from potential patients of a hair transplant procedure; I can understand your apprehension and wanting to make the right decision about such an important part of your life. You want to gather all the information you can before making that decision.

Make the educated decision and at least consult with the clinic that has THE MOST EXPERIENCE in the industry, The Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa, and judge for your self.

QUOTE]

I am writing this response to the accusations from "The Victim" on this forum for The Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa. I am a recent patient who had 1300 grafts from their clinic and although it has been only about 4 weeks, I can tell you they do an excellent job. I had my first surgery in Atlanta, GA, with Dr Griffin, who did an excellent job as well. but it cost me twice as much and I got half as many grafts. After hearing and reading what has been said on here, I can see that this situation is very misleading. For starters, you can't look at a picture 3 days after surgery and expect to be able to count the "scabs" to know how many grafts you received. I have my picture up at here Comments are there regarding the misleading ideas concerning "the victims" claims. It would take too much space here to discuss.

I will tell you though that the process most clinics, including The Hair Transplant Center, use to count grafts is they lay them out in rows of 100 as they are dissecting them. So it is very easy to tell exactly how many grafts they are putting in.

I just don't think there is any point in cheating someone out of a few grafts when they are already performing the surgery anyway. It just doesn't make sense and it is certainly not ethical.

Upon my suggestion, The Hair Transplant Center has decided to drop the lawsuit against the victim, as they firmly stand behind their work and have no reason to pursue this lawsuit any further. As they are not very internet savvy and had no guidance in responding to these accusations on this forum until now, they felt they had no other choice. I am sure anyone who has any questions for them can reach them through their web site here. You will also find comments from patients who have previous transplants from the biggest names out there and say The Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa was by far the best experience they have had and wish they would have gone there first.

As for the experience and integrity of the staff at the Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa, I think everyone should know their background and it may help you decide what to really think of them. I am posting this to let all intelligent people here who aren't working for some other surgeon form their own opinion. They will be happy to discuss anything with anyone about Hair Transplants and their extensive experience. They can be reached at their company web site

About the Staff at The Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa, Oklahoma:

They Hair Transplant Center Of Tulsa has one of the most recognized staff in the industry today. In the Comments by "The Victim," he says that the surgeon did not even do the work, they had a "nurse" do it and the Dr. only removed the incision hair from the scalp. For the record I would like to clarify just exactly who this "nurse" as he said is and let all the intelligent people who might be in this forum who would like to know the truth about The Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa come to their own conclusion.

"Nurse Betty" as was called by "the victim" happens to be the Surgical and Medical Director of the HTC who started doing transplants back in 1967, when she started the procedure with O'Tar Norwood M.D. For those of you who do not know who Dr. Norwood is, it may help you to know that he is the Doctor who created the "NORWOOD CHART" everyone goes by to this day as a measure of the hair loss. Her experience is unsurpassed by anyone in the industry and certainly not by anyone on this forum. She was doing hair transplants with Dr Norwood before most of the surgeons commenting here were even born. She has done every type of hair transplant that has been done and has a full understanding of the benefits and pitfalls of each.

She has been doing this very successfully for 36 years, 30 of those working beside Dr. Norwood. She personally trained Clara Prather who has been her assistant for 20 of those years and is currently assisting her at The Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa. So between them, they have done more transplants than probably any other single team of Doctors in the industry.

Betty Ann Studier was also instrumental in the development of The Norwood Classification Scale, which is used by most hair transplant surgeons and staffs. She has been involved in teaching many who were interested in starting in Hair Restoration Surgery. She also assisted in training the successor to Dr. Norwood's clinic, Dr. Blaine Lehr, when he started in Hair Restoration Surgery.

She has seen the entire gamut of Hair Restoration from its inception. Whatever technique you may care to mention she has been there and done it.

She has also done teaching and training around the world. She still has requests to teach new procedures in Hair Restoration, such as teaching the latest in Microscopic Disection and Follicular Unit Transplantation with Microscopic Disection. Any surgeon in this forum would have been blessed to have had the opportunity to be trained by Betty.

Betty has assisted in gathering information for several articles written on Hair Restoration. Her name is well known in the Hair Restoration community throughout the entire world. Dr. Norwood wrote the first book on hair transplants, "Hair Transplant Surgery" and dedicated it to Betty Ann Studier. Dr. Norwood also filmed the first training instructions and was assisted by Betty.

She was acknowledged for her contribution to the introduction of Hair Transplant Surgery in "The Forum" in 1999, a magazine published by The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery.

This incredible woman has dedicated her life to the advancement of Surgical Hair Transplants, much to the delight of thousands of lucky recipients. She utilizes the latest technological advances and has been instrumental in developing a lot of them.

So ask yourself, "why would one of the most known and respected hair transplant staff in the world tell you they are giving you a certain number of grafts and then give you less?"

To be honest with you, in my experience, you wind up getting a few more because they always plant every graft that is harvested. You just don't go as far in this industry as Betty and her staff has and cheat people. I am sure she would have no problem standing by anything she has ever done and have a line of respected names in the industry behind her.

So, anyone who is serious about having hair transplant surgery at a price that is way less than most less experienced clinics offer, need look no further than The Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa. This is not just ONE of the cosmetic surgeries they do at The Hair Transplant Center. It is THE ONLY thing they do.

I am writing this because I recently had a hair transplant from them and found them to be the most honest, straight forward team of people, who truly enjoy bringing about positive results in their clients. I had 1300 grafts and am very excited by the current results. I had them done on Jan 17th 2003. I went to get a hair cut about 2 weeks after the procedure and my barber, who has seen many hair transplants come through his chair said mine was the best one he has seen and could not even tell I had anything done by looking at it. Only the short hairs he could feel. This is my second procedure. The first one I had done with Dr. Edmond Griffin in Atlanta, GA. He did a great job for anyone looking to him for their hair transplant. He is just way more expensive. I currently live in Dallas, Texas now and chose the Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa to do my next HT because of their experience and price as well as their proximity, although they have the most generous travel allowance in the industry. I got twice as many HTs for half what I spent before.

As for the victim: His picture says it was 3 days after surgery. I can tell you from recent experience that

1) Many of the FU and Micrografts do not even leave a scab, just a little bump that is barely visible immediately after.

2) After 3 days there are lots of smaller scabs that have already fallen out.

I am posting my pic from immediately after surgery and you can see that there are some scabs, and lots of grafts where there are no scabs. So it is very misleading to want to count the scabs 3 days after surgery when a lot of them are gone and some grafts made such small scabs they were really just bumps, as you can see from my picture. Now from this picture I can tell you that after about 10-12 days all my scabs were gone and there was barely any evidence I even had a transplant, only a slight pink color in the skin, and after 2 weeks there was no evidence other than the little hairs you could feel if you rubbed my head. Those all fell out over the next couple weeks and now the new hairs have started growing. The second pic was taken today and you can obviously see you can't see anything. Which is definitely a sign of a great procedure.

So when I see comments about their work ranging from "poor type work" from a Dr. who has been doing hair transplants for maybe 10 years if he is lucky, it makes me wonder just how much he thinks he knows.

And about the "horseshoe" comment, that is called a hairline. If you have ever seen anyone with a shaved head, it has the same shape as you see in the picture.

And another comment from someone who was happy with the work but thought they should get a different clinic with more experience to do the hair line that they want, I don't think you will find one.

As for the other comments from potential patients of a hair transplant procedure; I can understand your apprehension and wanting to make the right decision about such an important part of your life. You want to gather all the information you can before making that decision.

Make the educated decision and at least consult with the clinic that has THE MOST EXPERIENCE in the industry, The Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa, and judge for your self.

QUOTE]

I read the reply from the Tulsa Hair Transplant center and it seemed sincere.

But I looked at the web site and was not very impressed. Nowhere was the word "follicular unit" mentioned, which likely means that they aren't used.

If the guy on the left in the photo section is the groups' best work,I feel sorry for them. The guy's hairline looks very pluggy. Hey, I'm sure they're nice people, but their photos are not very impressive.

hate to see someone's livlihood suffer like that center, but if they did back work on someone, they deserve all they get. With what we now know about procedures, what works, what doesn't, what does, it is negligible to do otherwise, kinda like smoking and drinking while pregnant. I didn't read every single word of your post but"best known in the indusrty" jumped out at me????? First of all, i'll bet not more than 1 or 2 people on this site could recite the name of one the "celebrity" staff at the tulsa clinic. I have to wonder what motivates you to be such an advocate of this infamous clinic? If you feel that were treated fairly, courteously, and are happy with the work, thas great, more power to you. But if people are still doing back work in the last year or 2 deserve to burn

just went back and read a little more, why does the words, BEST KNOWN, and MOST experienced in the world have to be bolded and capitalized at every possible oppurtunity???????????????????????? I could be run cuz, but sounds like stinkin pile of *&^%&C%E ^V*& to me

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I guess you missed the part about where she has taught follicular unit transplantation.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I dont think anyone is complaining about bad work. They are complaining about not gettting the grafts they thoguht they paid for. You really miss alot when you read dont you. However, at 107 posts you must do lots of reading so I wonder how you miss so much

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hi, if you read the about section you should have seen where she taught Follicular Unit transplantation as well as microscopic disection.

John Galt wrote ... "As they are not very internet savvy and had no guidance in responding to these accusations on this forum until now"

So basically you are responding for them on this issue, and we are to believe you are just a regular patient of theirs? Please. From one look at their website it is apparent to me that their procedures are outdated. The first guy in the photo gallery with the dark hair has a pluggy hairline. The place looks like a hair mill to me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I had it done in 94 and back then only got 750 I think. It has been a long time. I was pleased with their work then as well. I was practically completely bald. I am only a patient on here. I am not on here to debate with anyone. I just wanted to post their response and that is it. I have had multiple procedures and was very pleased with the work I got from them. I dont see anyone on this forum saying anything positive about anyone. Just a lot of bashing going on.

Its like all the people with high posts just sit on here and bash people. I wonder if they have ever had a HT. The pic I posted is immediately after I got out of the chair. The HTs still have some blood on them so of course it looks like plugs. If you have ever had a HT you would know that. Blood doesn't just stay in the incision it comes out causing a scab. That is all I am saying. Like I said. 2 weeks after my surgery you could not even tell I had anything done...no scabs...no scars...just the little FUs that fell out over the next few weeks. Now my new hair is starting to grow. I just wanted to post their experience in the field and post my opinion of the successful HT I had from them. It is OK I am assuming to post something positive on here from someone who was happy with their procedure.

Then just come right out and say that your clinic uses microscopic dissection and all follicular units. I don't care what Betty has taught in the past. The pictures on the website look like micrografts and look very pluggy. If they used all follicular units, they would mention it on the website. If their results are that great, show us.

coming out and saying you had a good experience is one thing, reciting the disertaion that you put forth is quite different. There are some people on here talking about great experiences, but they are kinda few and far between. But that is what help is all about, telling about the good and the bad

noreaster: I agree with your observation.

John Gault: I'm glad you had a good experience. But your post already shoots your credibility all to hell. Sorry, but it is true.

And BTW, just because you had a good experience doesn't mean The Victim is didn't have a bad one. IMO his case is compelling.

To draw a comparision: Bosley has people on their commericials talking about what great experiences they had. And yeah, they look pretty good on TV. But they have been compensated, and it says so in the fine print at the end of the commercial. They all got free HTs. So sure, they are more than happy to come on TV and tell of their great experiences. I wonder how many got free HTs that weren't that pleased.

Even Bosley can get it right sometimes, but certainly, just because there is evidence they can actually do a cosmetically pleasing HT doesn't mean they are consistently good and should be recommended.

I will say, however, that I'm glad your HT place dropped their lawsuit. The whole premise of the lawsuit smacked of "we got caught but he won't be able to prove it in court", and everybody here recognized that.

Okay, again, if your experience is good, more power to you. But I think if you truly believe what you wrote, you can make a whole hell of a lot more of a compelling case by not making it so salesy and avoid implications such as "people think this place is bad but really guys, it is the best thing out there".

Your arguments lose their power. I'm sure it isn't what you intended, but that is the representation you have brought forth to us.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I appreciate your honest and intelligent response..I wasn't really intending to be so salesy as you say, I was just posting the information to clarify their experience. I am sure this info could be validated somehow. I am a marketing person so I guess it came out. Nevertheless, I had a good experience and am happy with their work. If anyone is interested, I will post another picture in a couple months to show my progress. And as you say, I am sure every Dr has had a bad experience somewhere along the line. This is my last post until the new pic. Hope everyone has a successful transplant regardless of who you use. That is all that really matters.

John Galt:

Okay, I can respect that response. And as I said, if you are truly pleased then best of luck to you and yes, I want to see your progression picts when the time is right.

I am VERY leary of people coming on this site with the "can do no wrong" attitude. And the timing of your posts is a bit suspect.

Still, I recognize the fact that people are excited when they believe they have made the right decision and they like the initial outlook of things. How can you NOT be excited?

But I believe that arfy started a thread a while back in which he stressed the importance of reserving judgment until the results are in, and that is 6-12 months MINIMUM after an HT. And I agree with him.

But you can still relay experiences and how you were treated and many, many people in fact do that, as I did.

The fact of the matter is I too believe that my result will be very good and satisfying. But it is just that at this point, a belief.

That is why I will try to update my story. It is important to set realistic expectations for others. At this point, I won't stand by and let people trying to get informed mess this up if I can help it. And I know many people who post here feel that way as well.

There is no magic pill. Everything is a risk. But you might make it and you've got a chance to regain something really great that you lost.

In my book, you've got to try. But its got to be an educated, thought-out, and informed decision.

And those lines of thinking and reasoning are ones I support. And I will refute and challenge any and all others.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.