Robert Duvall

PCC

The legendary actor Robert Duvall has always been a very bald man. But tonight I saw him in a commercial for the new Drew Barrymore movie (Las Vegas setting and theme)and he's wearing a hairsystem.

He must be in his 70's now and always looks to be in great shape and very vigorous. I would imagine the system is for the part only but it looked fairly good on him and age appropriate.

I can't recall him ever wearing one before over the years either in his personal life or his many roles. It's inspiring that someone who seemingly has been balding for much of his life to be comfortable and secure about himself and to have excelled in his career.

I wish I could say that it hasn't bothered the hell out of me.

Phil

The legendary actor Robert Duvall has always been a very bald man. But tonight I saw him in a commercial for the new Drew Barrymore movie (Las Vegas setting and theme)and he's wearing a hairsystem.

He must be in his 70's now and always looks to be in great shape and very vigorous. I would imagine the system is for the part only but it looked fairly good on him and age appropriate.

I can't recall him ever wearing one before over the years either in his personal life or his many roles. It's inspiring that someone who seemingly has been balding for much of his life to be comfortable and secure about himself and to have excelled in his career.

I wish I could say that it hasn't bothered the hell out of me.

Phil

The only movie I ever remember seeing Robert Duvall with hair was one of my all time favorites...........as Boo Radley in "To Kill a Mockingbird". Wonderful show..................he had blonde hair and even then it was receding.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Although the novel "To Kill a Mockingbird" was a standard in my high school and college classes, the movie version was a little before my time. He must have been very young then.

One of his movie roles that will always stand out for me was when he and Sean Penn were City of Los Angeles cops on the "gang intervention" unit. Sean Penn had a very 80s/early 90's big hairstyle, puffy, fethered back, and blow dried. The character was very vain about his hair and looks as opposed to Duvall as the older veteran partner. I remember thinking what a contrast as far as hair.

Phil

Originally posted by hairbank:

The only movie I ever remember seeing Robert Duvall with hair was one of my all time favorites...........as Boo Radley in "To Kill a Mockingbird". Wonderful show..................he had blonde hair and even then it was receding.

The Godfather. How can you forget The Godfather?

PCC -

Hey, now, I'm not that old icon_wink.gif......I think the movie came out in 1962 (I was born in '66).....if you haven't seen it, rent it, it's a classic!

YG - I'll have to try to rent Godfather...........I've never seen it but have heard about it. So Duvall had hair in that movie?? Was it his own or a toup?

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

You haven't seen the Godfather? So you're the one!

Robert Duvall is quite young in that movie, as is Marlon Brando (and Al Pacino's just a kid, in his 20s) so I wouldn't be surprised if it's his own hair still.

Go see the movie. You will enjoy it.

Hairbank,

Actually I'm older than you, having just turned 43 last month. By the way, I think you look great in your photos on your weblog. Hopefully I will experience similiar results someday.

I vaguely remember Duvall in the original "Godfather" from the early 70s. I can't picture if he had a full head of hair or not. Didn't he play one of the sons along with Al Pacino and James Caan (that would be another hair story!)

Phil

YG- Nice pic...........yes, I'll bet that's his own as he appears to have receded and is thinning. I'll have to rent the pic sometime.

PCC - Thanks for the vote of confidence on the results.....I'm very happy with them. At times I want more (hair greed, you know icon_wink.gif) but considering where I came from I'm very pleased.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog