need help. do I drop the liquid minox?

ohgodwhyme

Ive been on propecia for 7 months and rogaine liquid once a night for about 5 months. The liquid seems to not be doing much as I am losing hair around the temples and hairline and thinning a little overall. The thing is, I notice about 3-4 hairs falling out a day in the shower / whatever, but when I put the liquid rogaine in at night I find like 15-30 hairs all over my hands and what not. I don't believe I've seen any real results from the rogaine but I am worried about quitting and shedding a lot. What should I do??

Ive been on propecia for 7 months and rogaine liquid once a night for about 5 months. The liquid seems to not be doing much as I am losing hair around the temples and hairline and thinning a little overall. The thing is, I notice about 3-4 hairs falling out a day in the shower / whatever, but when I put the liquid rogaine in at night I find like 15-30 hairs all over my hands and what not. I don't believe I've seen any real results from the rogaine but I am worried about quitting and shedding a lot. What should I do??

ohGod,

From personal experience i can tell you that I haven't really noticed that much, if any growth with the rogain (foam for me). I will admit that I think it has slowed down dare I say stop the process. Do yourself a favor and research the forum and find how many people that stopped the rogain wish they never did.... That alone is my reason to never stop it. On another note you still have to give it a year my friend, and take pics. My suggestion stay on it for a couple more months and then make a decision. I would say stay on it... Good luck

You only live once...

OhGod,

Are you having an allergic reaction to the rogain? You might want to check with a dermatologist. It should not make your hair fall out as soon as it touches your hair... Do you shower daily? (please don't be offended) some don't shower everyday so when they do shower or mess with their hair they see an accumulated amount of hair "shed" at one time making it look worse then it is. Have you added Revita shampoo to your regimen? Good luck

You only live once...

Yeah I shower like twice daily so it isn't that. (by the way I appreciate the quick responses) But yeah...I'm pretty sure its no allergic reaction as I've been using this stuff for around 5 months once daily. I'm really not sure what it is...but do you think its reason enough to quit? I mean I EASILY shed 5x the amount of hairs I would normally after my rogaine application. So I'm kinda in a pickle here...I dont want that postrogaine shed that I hear about but this stuff is deffinitely making hairs fall out on impact

Listen Bud it could be one of many things. 1. Is it real minoxidil? 2. This might be a real good response that you may experience a great benefit from the minoxidil (at 5 months out that is kinda late to still be shedding I think) Get on finasteride, if you haven't already, and get a consultation with a top ht doc and tell them about you situation. I hope its just your body responding well to it. Many say they got a real bad shed from propecia and the minoxidil combo and about the 8-12 month mark they had a substantial regrowth! Hope this is you case. How old are you and what else are you on. P.s if you add pics to this thread you will have everyone helping, these guys love pics to see the situation, you've come to the right place.

You only live once...

Yea I said in my original post Ive been on the propecia about 7 months. Im pretty sure i just got over a shed on that so maybe things will start being better. Im 19 years old, I used steroids when I was in highschool and now am sorta paying the price. Luckily, my hairloss is not too bad. I have diffuse thinning however I still have solid coverage all over, my temples and hairline however are receding. Like I said, should I drop this rogaine at night? Because currently the only time I shed a lot is when I put that stuff in.