True or Dorin? Why? For who?

If any of u remember me I've decdied to take more time to research as many docs as possible....(taking all of your advice)

I was looking at True and Dorin's site and their work looks great, but unless I missed something it didn't say who did who. So if anyone has any opinions or pics of either of their work it would be great.

Would one be better than the other for hair line work?

If any of u remember me I've decdied to take more time to research as many docs as possible....(taking all of your advice)

I was looking at True and Dorin's site and their work looks great, but unless I missed something it didn't say who did who. So if anyone has any opinions or pics of either of their work it would be great.

Would one be better than the other for hair line work?

NYCguy,

I don't have any direct experience with Dr. Dorin, but from what I've seen from both of them, they both do solid work. They are a bit more on the conservative side than those docs who do mega mega sessions, however, I was a satisfied Dr. True patient. I can't speak for their website as far as who did surgery on which patient...but do a search on this and other forums to see examples of their work. See my 2nd surgery for my experience and photos from Dr. True.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I've had 2 Ht's with Dr. True with excellent results. I am going for number 3 in March .. Indeed, he is a bit more conservative in the approach meaning, you probably won't get 6000 grafts in one session.. I thing there are benefits to this approach however, it depends on your needs. You do not need to shave your head which is a big factor for me..

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I think the general consensus here is that Dr.s True and Dorin do very fine work, but are a tad more conservative than others.

I do remember Dr. Dorin doing some good size sessions, 3500+ with very nice results.

Dr. True is going to do more solid work and continually refine his work over 2-3 sessions.

Given this information, here is how I recommend these Dr's.

No high Norwoods for Dr. True, BUT, as MRJB alluded, Dr. True does great work without shaving the recipient area, and does fit the requirements for a more conservative patient who desires continual refinement with having noticeable work.

Dr. Dorin does larger session and I think is comfortable transplanting up to 40-55 fu's cm/2. He seems to achieve very good density and coverage for mid to high Norwoods. I think his hairline work has progressed and is really good.

I think both Dr.s have strengths and a prospective patient that is informed and conscious of his needs will naturally choose the best doc for their individual needs.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.