EDUCATE ME PLEASE.....

I AM 23 YEARS OLD AND JUST A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO HAVE EXPIERENCED SOME RECESSION OF MY HAIRLINE.. M  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you use Propecia, you may never need a hair transplant. Hair transplants do not "prevent baldness" so you should be using Propecia whether you get a hair transplant or not.

I am always surprised to hear that guys are willing to have multiple surgeries, but not willing to take a daily medication that will prevent hair loss in the first place.

Propecia has its limitations, just like Rogaine (Minoxidil). Not everyone has good results with it. If you're not losing your hair in excess, you may want to try Propecia or Rogaine to slow down or stop the hair loss but, personally, I prefer the option of having one or two minor surgeries and never have to worry about hair loss again. It doesn't prevent baldness. It cures it.

Propecia stops further hair loss in over 80% of the guys who use it.

A hair transplant will NOT prevent your remaining "natural" hair from falling out, in the future. You need to maintain that natural hair, if possible. There is not enough donor hair to just "replace everything"...!

That's why it is important to use Propecia. You need to maintain as much of your natural hair as possible. For one thing, it will make your grafts look better. Your HT will not prevent that natural hair from falling out, but Propecia usually will.