Hair transplant question

mikey11

I had a hair transplant by Bosley in Seattle, WA about 9 months ago (1000 grafts) on the crown of my head. Since this procedure I have had minimal growth and still have visible scalp on the transplanted area.

I know Bosley is not well respected on some boards but I do know poeple who have had successful results. My question would be doesnt sound like I am a rare case where translpants do not work or does it sound like it was it just an inadequate amount of transplants? I apologize I do not have before and after pictures.

I am a little scared to get another transplant but I figure Ive had one and already have the scar I might as well give it one more shot. What are some of your thoughts?

I had a hair transplant by Bosley in Seattle, WA about 9 months ago (1000 grafts) on the crown of my head. Since this procedure I have had minimal growth and still have visible scalp on the transplanted area.

I know Bosley is not well respected on some boards but I do know poeple who have had successful results. My question would be doesnt sound like I am a rare case where translpants do not work or does it sound like it was it just an inadequate amount of transplants? I apologize I do not have before and after pictures.

I am a little scared to get another transplant but I figure Ive had one and already have the scar I might as well give it one more shot. What are some of your thoughts?

• Moderators

It's impossible to say without knowing the size of the area you were trying to cover. If you only had a small area then 1000 might do it, but obviously you'd need a lot more if the area was twice as large.

Also keep in mind that crowns can take a lot of grafts to completely cover. It's probably not a good idea to put too many grafts in that area because you want to keep enough for future loss if you lose the front half of your hair. You may be better off just getting light coverage in the crown so it's not completely bald, but not totally covered either.

It would also help to know your age. The older you are the more aggressive you can probably be.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

mikey11, It sounds like you had some growth so you're probably not one of the rare no-growth cases and could have also had a poor yield from your transplant. When a doctor looks at it again closely under magnification, he will tell you how many grafts you really received. 1000 grafts is pretty insignificant to begin with, unless you're just going back to do a minor touch up on a hairline or crown. If you post a picture, that would be helpful in seeing how many more grafts you could use.