Overcoming side effects of Avodart:

Tom R.

If one were to encounter some of the side effects of Avodart use such as decreased libido and ED, what course of action could be taken to combat those problems? I'm not sure there is an easy remedy but all thoughts and experiences are welcomed.

If one were to encounter some of the side effects of Avodart use such as decreased libido and ED, what course of action could be taken to combat those problems? I'm not sure there is an easy remedy but all thoughts and experiences are welcomed.

What dosage are you taking? I just started taking it three weeks ago and really have not had any sides yet, I started to get small headaches the first two weeks but now i am fine. I am taking .5 my a day. Really not sure how to tell you how to overcome the side effects you are having without stop taking it. If you are taking it for a short time maybe you should try a little longer to see if you adjust. good luck

kjp, I started taking Avodart December 12th and began with .5 mg every other day for about six weeks. I had previously used Avodart at .5mg/day but had a non-stop shed that continued to last for more than six months so I stopped. That was about two years ago and that's why I restarted it incrementally. I've been using .5mg/day for the last two weeks or so but the sides have been from the get-go. Prior to Avodart, I used Propecia since January of '99.

I've considered that my testosterone may be lower than it was in '99 as I'm now 42. I'm just concerned that if I up my test, that my dht will also rise. I need some medical advice for that to be answered. My guess would be that the body naturally sends a certain level of dht to the scalp but I'm not sure if it's consant or fluctuates based on test levels. If Propecia worked for me when I was 34, my test levels were higher than at the age of 42, one would surmise that Propecia would be more effective with less test as time went by. I just don't have those answers but I'm currently looking for advice and cure the sides.

I would try to take .5mg twice a week and see if that helps or even cut it back to once. We all produce different amounts of DHT and it is just possible that you do not require that much of the Avodart to get the benefits. I take propecia once a week and find that I get no side effects yet it helped to slow the hair loss process. The is no one size fits all. You might just have to experiment a little. Good luck.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90