mudpuppy

troy

:This post has been edited to remove any comments perceived as negative towards Shapiro Clinic:

Hello Troy, i have posted my pics and brief story at hairlosshelp.com the "other" site, check it out, i feel i must explain myself on this whole Shapiro thing though, ill keep it brief, when i recently posted my updated views on Dr. Shapiro i had just trimmed my hair with a #4 clipper and i was checking it out thinking it looked really even and was just plain happy at the moment, now you know when you just clip it theres clippings in your hair that give you a Topick effect, anyway i just wanted to give Shapiro his props because maybe i was to harsh before, everything i post is to share my experience about this process, i have no agenda for either Dr., take it for what its worth "my opinion" yes im all over the place sometimes but this is an up and down process for me, hey im not a lawyer dont break up my posts into sections and call me on it later (not directed at you Troy),

Sincerely Mudpuppy

Hello Guitarplayer, i kept telling the Doc to swing for the fences, he kept giving me that look like we will do what we can within reason, we were shooting for 3500 - 4000 but after he had shaved the back for strip removal he noticed an edge of the old strip that was going to be a slight problem, he then gave me the option of more graphs and leave the old scar or less graphs and remove what he could, i opted for less graphs and remove old scar, you can see a picture of my scar and procedure on the other site, i am 6 days post op, not much scabbing yet, im very excited, thanks for asking

BTW- i am also a guitar player, i grew up playing in bands all around the Mpls. suburbs at parties, bars and such, i graduated from a Music Tech school with a 1 year degree, i have several guitars and now play only to amuse myself and friends. Mudpuppy

Mudpuppy,

I'm headed to H&W (Dr. Wong) in less than a week for my 2nd session. Like you, I'm telling them go for the gusto on number of grafts!

Just curious............did you do the scalp exercises they recommend before having the HT? Do you know if they helped you? I just found out about the a couple of weeks ago and started them but am not sure what good they will do since it's late in the game for me.

Thanks,

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I did them on & off, im not that good about those things, i am getting tight in the back i was told by Dr. Hasson, i will do them in the next year or two probably everyday because i want another 2000 graphs in the future if its possible (hairgreed), good luck in Vancouver, bring an umbrella it rains everyday