Strip Method

Can anyone give me some information on the 'strip method'? I have read alot about the FUE, but am kind of unfamiliar with the strip method.

What are the pro vs cons for getting the strip method over FUE if any?

Are there consequences for getting the strip method? I read you cannot shave your head later down the road when receiving this method.

Is the process similar to FUE?

Any info would be great. Thanks.

Youngbuck

Can anyone give me some information on the 'strip method'? I have read alot about the FUE, but am kind of unfamiliar with the strip method.

What are the pro vs cons for getting the strip method over FUE if any?

Are there consequences for getting the strip method? I read you cannot shave your head later down the road when receiving this method.

Is the process similar to FUE?

Any info would be great. Thanks.

Youngbuck

youngbuck,

The strip od involves removing a strip of hair from the back of your head and then dissecting it under a microsope (hopefully) into Follicular Units and then transplanting those FUs into tiny incisisions in your scalp. The strips vary in width and length (my guess would be 1/2 inch by 6 inches is common) based on a number of factors, e.g., number of grafts needed, scalp laxity, etc.

The Pro as I see it is more grafts in one session.

One Con is the donor scar (which doesn't preclude you from shaving you head. It does preclude you from shaving your head and not constantly being asked about the long scar across the back...).

My understanding of FUE is that each FU is extracted using special instruments that allow them to be plucked from between other ahir so that no scarring occurs. I am not sure about the scarring, but I believe that to be the case.

I need volume and don't live anywhere close to someone doing FUE, so it's not a viable option for me.

Mr. T