woman looking to get hairline reduced- what's your thoughts?

I have a rather high forehead and I have always been self concious about it. Now I have talked to a consultant at Dr. Edwin Epstein about HT. I have an appointment for May 1. They are suggesting 700-800 along my hairline. Is a good doctor? Please someone help!!

I have a rather high forehead and I have always been self concious about it. Now I have talked to a consultant at Dr. Edwin Epstein about HT. I have an appointment for May 1. They are suggesting 700-800 along my hairline. Is a good doctor? Please someone help!!

Hi Goof,

I just checked the "recommended" surgeons list on this website. If the Dr. Ed Epstein to which you refer is the one in Virgina, then he may be a recommended HT doc, at least in this forum.

However, I'd still try to get feedback from someone om whom he's peformed the procedure before I allowed him to operate. Also, if you are from Virgina, and that's why you chose Dr. Epstein, I'd once again recommend that you reconsider. You really don't want physical proximity to be a definitive factor in your choice of physicians,...better to go with the best doc regardless of location.

Its nice to see another woman on this forum.

Good Luck with your procedure, I wish you the best. I too have a high forehead, always did. But now it is worse cause I have a receding hairline!!! I would give anything to have my hair back and would gladly love myself, and deal with the "highforehead". I wish you the best, but I would consider thinking about if you really need the surgery.

I think as women, there is this constant pressure to be the "prettiest". I bet you look just wonderful the way you are!!!

Just be careful...I used to be very very vain...until I started losing my hair. Now I would kill just to be back to the way I was...enjoy yourself the way you are while you can!! You never know what is going to happen in your life.

If you do decide to go with the procedure, let us know who you go with. I am currently saving for a procedure next year to hide the thinning in the front of my head.

Good luck with everything, and keep in touch!!

Jenn

goof:

No, you aren't coming off as being vain. There is no question that when hair fits the look of the face, people treat you better. Why shouldn't you want that?

The caution of course is that HT is serious, and as such a matter, you need to do justice to your future by getting as much info as possible and seeing some top docs for their assessment.

I wish you the best of luck. Get informed and good luck on your decision!

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.