Hairline tattoo

ts,

Do you already have the tatoo? There was a discussion on here about the fact that over time tatoos actually change color. You might want to check the archives for this conversation, or at least be very careful about getting the tatoo before learning all about it. I don't think the darkened color would inhibit a top doc from giving you a great HT, because they use highly magnifying glasses to make the incisions and place the hairs. I can't see how that would be any different from working on a dark skinned person.

Interesting idea, but I strongly believe that, in the long run it is a bad idea. Whatever will you do when you recede past the tattoo just to find out that you may not have optimal donor hair to fully cover the tattoo? I understand the premise behind it, but I think that the negatives far outweigh any temporary benefits.

Think long-run as much as possible. You only get one scalp.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

It's called micropigmentation. I've always been rather curious as to why some tribe or ethnic group has not used tattooing some time in history to cover baldness. Remember those pompous wigs the aristocracy wore in Europe and the US icon_smile.gif

I caught a glimse of Michael Jackson's father on the news recently. He was in the sun and it almost looked like he had part of his scalp colored with tatoo ink because of the shine that reflected off his scalp.

I had assumed he was using Toppik or some other cosmetic application until I noticed the shine when he stood in the sunlight. He really has very little hair left but you do not notice it as much when he stepped into shaded areas as he walked.

Robert makes a very good point about chasing recession in the future. I have seen a dozen or so individuals over the years use this "in part" and cannot think of even one that looked favorable. In fact a good deal of them wanted hair transplanted to cover the tatoo! This is especially ill advised for folks with a wide hair to scalp color contrast. Several of these individuals ended up in hair systems to cover the obvious tatooing to hide hairloss that kept on advancing.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Has anyone been able to figure out the dude that plays Ray Charles in movie and his tattoo across the back of his head. Makes little sense unless he is trying to cover something like a scar perhaps?

That dude is Jamie foxx. You probably need to get out of the forums and check out a few movies if u dont know his name. The tattoo is fake. ITs a temperary tattoo for a movie he is doing called Jarhead.