Buzzing head post HT

Hey-my stip got shaved so to even things out I'm counting down to the post HT 1 month mark so that I can buzz my whole head to even it all out. What did everyone else do whos strip was shaved? Is 1 month too soon? Should I wait longer? KEN

Hey-my stip got shaved so to even things out I'm counting down to the post HT 1 month mark so that I can buzz my whole head to even it all out. What did everyone else do whos strip was shaved? Is 1 month too soon? Should I wait longer? KEN

Ken - I shaved mine down once the initial shed of new grafts because I found the whole thing rather depressing after those initial post-op days with a nice head of hair. God, I think I did it to #1 and I regreted that decision instantly. The smiley face scar was blatant ( dark hair/ fair skin). Most folks did not ask about it ( out of politeness I guess) but some did; ackward moments for sure icon_smile.gif

So you're saying hold off on buzzing? My doc says 1 month after HT I can have a haircut. I'm afraid that my smiley face will be visable to the world. To what extent does the scar actually go away? Do people who have had strips removed get back to being able to buzz #1 or #2 or do they always have to keep it longer to hide the scar?

Ken-

I went to a number one 7 days post op. the transplants were shorter than that! But the rest being short did give me a more even look. Go for what will make you feel more comfortable. Dont worry about the scar, do what I did... Tell anyone who asks - I was attacked by a gang called the DHT's and they tried to scalp me!! icon_biggrin.gifhttp://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=

Jacob- when your HT shed, were left with mostly bare scalp or was there at least some prickly hairs poking out of the scalp??

Shiny Side Up!!

tymman

tymman, your pics look great, but I was wondering did your doc but grafts in the center where you have hair? And if not, what happens if it goes?

Tymman- Your donor area looks fantastic, no doubt.

In response to your question I had the front third worked on and noticable shed was in the temples because I had a peninsula of hair in the middle to start with ( my temples broke down in my teens). 90 % of the temples completely shed ie back to where I started. I had some shock around the scar so that may explain why the scar was so obvious.

Fabe - I can still get some more work done in the middle if needed. I do have enough donor hair to get at least one more HT. I'm not too worried.

Jacob - sorry bor I'm a little dense,,.. are you saying your temples shed to bare scalp and did not grow back?? I saw another post where Ken was talking about the shedding effect getting him worried.. I just wanted some more specific info.

Shiny Side Up!!

• 2 weeks later...

well i'm at a point where form the front it looks like i had nothing done. my hair is short and buzzed and looks so thin cause I'm used to seeing it long and gelled up to hide the thinning. Now it's 1 month post and it's just wait time. Doing Rogain twice a day per doc's orders for 1 year-he said it would speed it up. Also on my propecia as well. Hope I like the hairline-hope it is there!

Ken,

Congrats on the HT by the way. Just somethign to point out...the scar you have will never go away, only heal and become less noticable due to it becoming more white and less red. But if you have dark hair, you will probably not ever want to buzz down to a 1 clip again...because the scar will be noticable, however, depending on how many grafts were taken and how the doctor closed the wound, the scar may be very thin and coverable with a number 2 clip. If you are that concerned about the scar....start with a 4 as someone else suggested. As for me, once my scar heals and is not so red, I'll probalby go down to a 1 clip again anyway. I don't really care if my scar is seeable...as long as I have nice hair on top =).

Bill