need a little help.

whare can i find a good ht who is in calif/sf,please i would like to get some advice my hair loss is all in frount down the middleto my crown like a u shape hair on the sides hair in the back but not on the top i look up the nor im the bottom middle i any help maby i lost too much any how just looken to see if thares a chance

whare can i find a good ht who is in calif/sf,please i would like to get some advice my hair loss is all in frount down the middleto my crown like a u shape hair on the sides hair in the back but not on the top i look up the nor im the bottom middle i any help maby i lost too much any how just looken to see if thares a chance

cd3po, I see you are in Northern California.

Alot of people here have traveled from across country to go to Vancouver to get a HT with Hasson & Wong.

No Doctor in California has a track record like these guys.

However, it is a good rule to get 2 or 3 consultations to find the Doctor you are comfortable with.

Don't let travel limit your choice of Doctors.

I am also a fan of,

Dr. Alexander, Phoenix,

Dr. Keene, Tuscon,

Dr. Feller, NY

Dr. Ron Shapairo, MN,

You can get email cosultations if you send them good pics.

good luck,

I saw your pics in the other posts --

You're definitely not in the better portion of HT candidates with that much hair loss, but a lot still depends on other factors. It's safe to say you won't have hair like Elvis even with any amount of transplants. (Just too much bald skin in relation to the amount of hairy scalp left.) Your age, your donor characteristics, and the results you expect still leave a lot of questions.

Either way, it's not really a question of "am I a candidate?" For a lot of hair transplant clinics out there, they'll define a "candidate" as just about anyone with money to spend.

There are tons of unscrupulous doctors all over the country who would be happy to take your money and operate on your head whether your appearance stands to benefit from it or not. But it's up to YOU to educate yourself about the HT process for a while (months, at the very least) and decide whether you think the benefits will outweigh the downsides for your situation. Whatever hair that gets added to the top/front has to come from the back/sides, and everyone's head gives a limit to how much hair that any HT doctor has to work with for them.

No matter what you do, ANY hair transplant surgery will leave you with enough scarring on the back of your head to permanently rule-out the shaved-down bald appearance. You can either choose to do the Bruce-Willis-style bald haircut, or you can get a HT, but not both. You CANNOT ever shave down that short once you've had your first HT without the big obvious scars being visible on the back of your head. Unfortunately this is true with even the best HT doctors.

------------------------------------------------

cd,

I agree with Calvin, depending on your age and the amount of hairloss at this stage you may not want to take the plunge into HT. Unless your donor hair on the sides and back are thick and dense, you probably are not a good candidate. You are already NW6 and could go NW7, not many NW7's acheive great results from HT. Being bald looks natural, being scarred and bald looks unnatural. In any event, proceed with information gathering and weigh all your options. Good luck,

NoBuzz