Out of the Closet

Mark H

As of yesterday, I'm ballcap free.

No, 1 month after surgery I haven't suddenly sprung a mop of hair on top of my head, and I do _not_ use a system. I look balder than hell.

Why now then?

Because the HT line has finally faded to the point where I'm just another bald guy, and with millions of them around, who's going to notice me?

I don't think I would do it differently at work, not at this point anyway. After a day or two of people pointing and saying, "holy crap!" it would all be over and the office would be off to the next thing, whatever that is.

So I'm not saying this is easy, but the plain fact is, the world doesn't much care what I look like, and as long as I don't look like a freak, I intend to take advantage of that.

Later when I've got some hair I'll be able to notice who notices.

Meanwhile I will live by the words of jane austen:

"for what do we live but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?"

mark h

As of yesterday, I'm ballcap free.

No, 1 month after surgery I haven't suddenly sprung a mop of hair on top of my head, and I do _not_ use a system. I look balder than hell.

Why now then?

Because the HT line has finally faded to the point where I'm just another bald guy, and with millions of them around, who's going to notice me?

I don't think I would do it differently at work, not at this point anyway. After a day or two of people pointing and saying, "holy crap!" it would all be over and the office would be off to the next thing, whatever that is.

So I'm not saying this is easy, but the plain fact is, the world doesn't much care what I look like, and as long as I don't look like a freak, I intend to take advantage of that.

Later when I've got some hair I'll be able to notice who notices.

Meanwhile I will live by the words of jane austen:

"for what do we live but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?"

mark h

I could use an opinion...I've also got an email in to Dr. Cooley's office about hair coloring.

I'm past the one month mark, with not as much as I'd like to color, but I've been washing that gray out of my hair for some time.

Anyone here confront that issue after an HT? Can I possibly hurt my little seedlings up there?

mark h

Mark, check with the doc first but you are probably good to go do most anything except sticking your head in a oven! Your grafts are set and will not come out at this point. I would just not use any product which could cause a burn to your scalp. Congrats on losing the cap, I am looking forward to that day soon.

NoBuzz