Extremely bad experience

exibel

I know what you mean,if only i had never bought Mens Fitness magazine and read an article on this miracle hair replacement surgery called Flap,the idea would never of come in my head...

Exibel,

Thanks for sharing your story and I'm so glad that you can hopefully find resolution.

I agree with you also in how impactful some of the marketing was many years ago. With little web credibility to fall back on, I was lured by the late-night commercials, the big name of 'Bosley' assuming that they were the best and I was happy to pay a premium to go to the best. I even felt sorry for others who weren't as well educated as I was to make such an 'informed' decision. Sad - but I couldn't have been more wrong.

I wish you nothing but the best and I'm so glad you are on the right track!

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Originally posted by Dewayne:

You know, what bothers me the most now about the transplant I had back in '91 is the celebrity endorsements.

They've still got several local, southern celebrities on their site giving positive testimonies about their transplant with the doctor. And, while I wouldn't say I was "butchered", the transplant I got was noticeably unnatural with four hair grafts in the hairline and up to eight hair grafts in the top and crown area.

Compare that to the celebs who show remarkable results. How is that? I believe the doctor was much more capable of doing better work and used much more care and different techniques on the celibrities in return for their endorsements. Since I was just a 25 year old flunkie, it didn't matter so much.

If you don't believe me, check out the guy on their site with the comb running through his hair. He's the owner's son and has a nice transplant, which he bragged that I would too have back then. Then compare it to mine on the weblog.

I visited 'Lathams' website and was rather shocked that these doctors are still in existence. Imagine falling victim to their "Latham "Remove The Bald" Procedure"". What could be finer than that?

"I'll have a trim on the sides and the 'Remove the Bald', please. No, no fries with that."

And I can get this 'state of the art procedure' in only 1-3 hours of time. You know it's quality when a hair transplant takes as long as a hair cut or workout at the gym!

And I can return to work immediately? Just imagine my co-workers look when I show up with a bloody scalp! It'll be just my little secret.

Yep - 'state of the art' indeed.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Bosley is everywhere. I see his advertisements all over the place, visit all kind of popular online blogs and Bosley is sure to found, as well as national news magazines, etc., they are definitely the most aggressive maketing machine in the HT industry.

Which is why forums like this one outing these folks for poor results can save alot of folks from this marketing. I remember getting tons of brochures from International Hair Restoration, it recently added Wade Boggs and some other well known "spokesman" for HT's, guys who get something done that is likely to look totally different than anyone else.

The govt. should mandate an asterisk and disclaimer "Results can vary greatly, use extreme caution"

I was totally inspired when i first saw the Bosley ads for flap its how i first found out about it,the pictures blew me away.

The doctor who performed my two flap operations was not Bosley but must of seen the same ads i had,as the impression shortly after things started to go wrong was his lack of knowledge on what we should do to help matters.

All the positive feel i had from him in the initial consultations had gone completely and i had become a problem case which he did not know how to handle.So i basically told him where to go and that was that..