need some help and input

Just wanted to say Hello, im new to the forum

im just about 19 years old and ive just started noticing whenever i shampoo, atleast 10strands of hair come off and onto my hand. Whenever i run my fingers through my hair, a strand or two also comes out.

I havent reached a norwood 1 yet, but my crown and it feels like my temples (near the front) are starting to get alot thinner. Its most noticeable when my hair is wet, or when i wakeup in the morning.

I dont know what to do? should i just wait it out, or start on some sort of medication before it gets too far. Out of my own paranoid nature i went and bought some saw palmetto a week ago (hey, its better then nothing?) My dads side of the family has a long history of balding.

Thanks

Just wanted to say Hello, im new to the forum

im just about 19 years old and ive just started noticing whenever i shampoo, atleast 10strands of hair come off and onto my hand. Whenever i run my fingers through my hair, a strand or two also comes out.

I havent reached a norwood 1 yet, but my crown and it feels like my temples (near the front) are starting to get alot thinner. Its most noticeable when my hair is wet, or when i wakeup in the morning.

I dont know what to do? should i just wait it out, or start on some sort of medication before it gets too far. Out of my own paranoid nature i went and bought some saw palmetto a week ago (hey, its better then nothing?) My dads side of the family has a long history of balding.

Thanks

It's normal to lose about a hundred hairs a day.

I would recommend just keeping an eye on things, amd if you start to see a visual difference in your appearance, then think about getting on Propecia. Can you see signs of thinning or recession of your hairline? (A little recession is considered normal).

I think that counting hairs is not a good habit to get into, it is very obsessive and also very innaccurate. I would recommend taking photos every 6 months under similar lighting conditions and similar hair conditions, and see if there is an obvious difference. You want to use Propecia if you really need it, to prevent hair loss, but don't get on it unless you are sure you need it.

At 19 you might still be a little young for Propecia. Discuss your questions with a doctor, either your family physician or a dermatologist.

hmm

i also thought i was very young, im just more paranoid then anything else.

I looked at my hair line and it seems fine, not receeding, the temples still have a decent amount of hair (though it feels thinner) .. and i do have a bald spot near the crown, but ive had that all my life, just a little circle where the hair is growing from

I will take your advice and keep a good eye on it, thanks for the input.

And im not sure if this makes a difference or not, but i used to dye parts of my hair and i just recently stopped to let it all grow back in with my natural hair colour.. could that cause some loss?