Paul Straub, M.D

hester

Hi there

Anyone had great/just ok/terrible experience with Paul Straub? I'm trying to find the best southern Calif hair surgeon and know the more reliable review comes from someone who has been there, done that.

Any advice, comments much appreciated. What a hair-pulling experience finding a surgeon with a long-time proven track record.

Best,

Hester

Hi there

Anyone had great/just ok/terrible experience with Paul Straub? I'm trying to find the best southern Calif hair surgeon and know the more reliable review comes from someone who has been there, done that.

Any advice, comments much appreciated. What a hair-pulling experience finding a surgeon with a long-time proven track record.

Best,

Hester

• 2 years later...

i had 630 grafts put in by Straub last year. I was somewhat pleased with the results (although i SERIOUSLY need more work done icon_frown.gif He did, however need to do a scar revision which is healing now, and they left a really long suture in my head that gave me pain and went unnoticed by the techs removing the sutures. I found out as I shaved my head to understand what the heck was hurting in my donor area. Not all sutures dissolve. I was pissed at the docs response too. He gets very nonchalant when you ask him about things that went wrong, although he did do the scar revision for free (as he should), and helped out when I experienced swelling after the HT.

I guess with all the extra drama I am happy because he didnt mess me up in a noticeable way, and my whole head thinning doesnt include as much recession in the front right now. my crown is a different story.. clearing out everyday

The doc does do great work but I would like to try out another patient endorsed doctor next time.

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

i didnt see those results until after I got the procedure and needless to say I was horrified.

I understand this was 15 years ago, and although now he has his share of successes, those past failures will NEVER go away

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"