Abby

Yes,

do a search for scalp exercises .. they work

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I have never had a H/T before. Im considering a H/T. I contacted one physician asking for 4000 fuht grafts and he said it all depended on my scalp laxity and density. He suggested that when I come I should settle for 3000-3500 as these are a lot of hairs andd come back 9months to a year later. i heard about laxity on this forum, never knew it existed.

Hi Abby

what is your level of hairloss and what is your donor supply like.

You say you contacted a physician,did you actually go for a consultation and let the dr examine your hair/head.

Also you say he recomended 3000-3500,did he say this is all you need or when you go back was that for another ht or just a progress check.

If you have only seen one dr i would recomend you do a few online consultations before making any decision.

cheers chucky(AKA Bigmac elsewhere)

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

I asked for 4000 grafts strip and the surgeon online told me that it all depends on the laxity and also the density I.E if I dont have the mentioned then may be I could probably settle for anything from 2500-3500 one session depending, then come back 9-12 months later for the remainder. But if scalp allows 4000 grafts then he has no problem. But saying that, i feel i have good laxity and very thick wirey jet black hair . Im a 5 on the Norwood scale. He also said if that amount was not acheivable then maybe I could also consider FUE as well as FUht to make up a good numberas an alternative.

So im thinking now ?????

Hi Abby

It sounds good advice you have been given but if i were you i would get at least two more opinions then decide on your course of action.

good luck

• 3 weeks later...

I,ve actually checked out in total 4. I also checked out Hasson & Wong the kings, unfortunately family travelling with me price, and my University studies does not allow me the privlidge. I also checked out a Dr in Bankok Thailand very impressive. Anyway after seaching , veiwing and many feedbacks I settled for Dr Humayun. This was after lengthy email exchanges and recieving various pics he sent, also the price, location and timming allows me to go for a H/T hopfully anything from 3-4000 F.U. grafts. I also requested pics to be taken before and post op not to mention the ones i'll be presenting 6-9 months post-op in order to for every one to see. So hopefully i'll be buying a new digi cam, arranging the finance tickets and hope everythig goes well. I'll be jetting off to his surgery end of March. He has also negotiated for me a good deal at the Holiday-Inn Hotel Plaza 5 star. So lets wait and see the results.

Hi Abby

I can only find one reference to this doctor on here.

If you dont mind me asking have you read any patient feedback anywhere for this doctor as you should not have a ht in my opinion on pictures you have been sent via email.

I only ask out of concern but if you feel you have done enough research on this doctor and are ready to go ahead i wish you all the best.

Maybe other forum members have seen results and feedback for your choice.

Guest josh - b

hi abbey,

Your proposed dr recently became recommended here and i know pat was impressed.

The pics on his site do look good but if i was u i'd try to get in contact with some of his previous patients and get their feedback.

That would be the best barometer in judging the quality of dr humayun.

Thanks for that Josh

I have had a look at his website and his results do look good.

Abby i am pleased you`ve done your research in choosing this doctor and i look forward to following your journey and looking at your pictures.

All the best to you.

Yes you guys are right, I think ill get in contact with some of his patients and see what they have to say as nothing has really been finalised yet. Also this info, should I request it of from or what??? because I dont want him to feel im snooping or questioning his authority if you know wat I mean, although going for a H/T aint exactly going for a haircut or for a walk in the park its something im gonna have to live with.

Guest josh - b

Abby,

Don't feel bad about asking your doc for references. Remember its u that will have to live with the results not your doctor.

Ask him to provide u with patient references u can contact. Try to find patients that have posted online.

I'm not trying to put u off your doctor but hair restoration is only a part of his general cosmetic surgery practice.

This is not ideal.

anyway, best of luck in your research.

By the way, what are your docs prices?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Abby

I see your choice in Dr has posted some nice results on here lately.Did you manage to meet anyone and have you decided to go for it now.

cheers and good luck.

Abby,

You have the right idea. What you can't find online, seek offline. Contact any physician you are considering and ask him for a list of patients to contact, view pictures of, and maybe even meet if possible. Certainly there is a lot to be found about many physicians online, but there are many quality physicians that do not use the internet to promote their services as strongly yet. Therefore, offline research is extremely vital for physicians that don't have a lot of information online.

Dr. Humayun has been posting a lot recently in the Hair transplant patient photo album section. Be sure to look there as well.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 1 month later...

Im hoping to see Dr Humayun in Pakistan withinn the next week hopefully over the easter holidays as im off from university. So before any commitment I would like to ask many questions (i,e grafts per/sq,cm ,laxity best coverage, high line, low ,line, best fit etc) and also what I would like as a pateint and if it is acheivable, realistic goals etc instead of what the DR wants or what he may be used to.