scalp itch

I'm 2 days post op and compared to other pics I have seen, my scalp looks AWAESOME! However, I'm have a tremendous amount of itching going on. Everytime I feel the urge to scratch I go use the spray bottle and spray the heck out of my scalp. Its pure water, but is there any harm in doing so? Or, is there an alternative to keep the itch to a minimun?

TIA!

3147 ish) grafts Dr. Konior

No meds.

I'm 2 days post op and compared to other pics I have seen, my scalp looks AWAESOME! However, I'm have a tremendous amount of itching going on. Everytime I feel the urge to scratch I go use the spray bottle and spray the heck out of my scalp. Its pure water, but is there any harm in doing so? Or, is there an alternative to keep the itch to a minimun?

TIA!

No meds.

Should I avoid putting anything on it? Does it matter if I use warm or cool water? The donor pain has subsided a bit due to pounding these vicadons. Ice and more ice, hopefully one more day of this and maybe a sence of normalness will prevail?

No meds.

Burt,

For the first few days of a hair transplant, I would avoid touching the transplanted hairs or scalp.

Spraying water (warm or cold) will not hurt (though I don't recommend anything scolding hot) - though I am not sure if it will help with the itch.

You may also want to try salene solution which will help keep the area clean.

The good news is...the itch in the transplanted area doesn't last long, and after 10 days, the hairs will be deeply rooted. You will be able to treat your scalp completely normally by that point - however do NOT use your nails on any remaining scabs.

Bill

Hi

The first 8 -10 days I would not put anything on the grafts with the exception on the shampoo when you wash ( you are washing at least once a day)? I used some great Aloe shampoo which helped with healing and itchiness. It is all natural and 60% Aloe

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

its752 and Burt1973,

Around 7-10 days post op, I started using Aloe Vera Gel on my head which helped temporarily with itching. All around it is good for the skin - so it most likely will help with the longevity of redness.

Since Mrjb has success with the Aloe shampoo, you might consider that as well.

Bill

I'm not experiencing any redness. Here are pics from day three post op.. Everything seems to be looking great thus far. My eyes are swelling up, but that becasue I'm not taking the medrol pak, I'm pretty sensitive to anxiety type meds so this doesnt seem practical for me, I'll deal with ice and it will subside here shortly.

prepostop037.jpg

prepostop023.jpg

prepostop029.jpg

Any thoughts?

No meds.

Normally, the Doctor gives you a pack that includes basetrazin for the donor area, and a copper peptide spray to keep the transplanted hairs moist and "nourished." He also can supply several packages of gauze pads that are specially designed to place on the transplant area.

Maybe you could call your doctor to see if he could give these items, or recommend a place to purchase them.

The copper peptide really relieves the itching, and helps keep your filthy mitts off the grafts.