Nioxin VS Revita?? Need an expert opinion.

I started using Nioxin and noticed a huge reduction in the gobs of hair that was falling out. On the forum I saw some mention of Revita that has Ketoconazole.

Is it more benficial to stick with NIOXIN and use Nizoral once or twice a week OR use Revita solely? I dont wwant to switch my regime unless there is good reason to.

Tifflady,

Nioxin is a great shampoo, but I haven't seen any evidence to suggest it can stop hair loss. Nizoral and Revita both contain ketoconazole. Nizoral 2% contains 2% ketoconazle whereas Nizoral regular and Revita contain 1%.

Ultimately, I wouldn't put much faith in any shampoo fully restoring your hair. But ketoconazole has some evidence that it inhibits some (but minimal) DHT. It may be helpful as an adjunct treatment to proven medications like minoxidil.

You could also consider using Extina foam (contains ketoconazole) which may work better since it isn't washed out after a few minutes of being on your scalp like shampoo.

Of course, speak to your doctor before making any changes to your hair loss treatment regime.

Best wishes,

Bill