Propecia/rogaine or natural remedies?

rodd

Hi,

I'm 29 years old and have been loosing my hair slowly since I was about 23. For the past three years I have been on both Rogaine and Perpecia. Recently my girlfriend gave birth to our first child, which meant that I could no longer afford both treatments. I personally have found Propecia to be more effective, so I have chosen to stick with that.

I have been doing a little research on the net to find effective natural ways to slow hair loss, but there seems to be so many different remedies. I'm not sure whether these are just impotent wives tales or actually effective. If any of you have tried some of these natural remedies, could you please let me know which were the most effective?

Thanks

Hi,

I'm 29 years old and have been loosing my hair slowly since I was about 23. For the past three years I have been on both Rogaine and Perpecia. Recently my girlfriend gave birth to our first child, which meant that I could no longer afford both treatments. I personally have found Propecia to be more effective, so I have chosen to stick with that.

I have been doing a little research on the net to find effective natural ways to slow hair loss, but there seems to be so many different remedies. I'm not sure whether these are just impotent wives tales or actually effective. If any of you have tried some of these natural remedies, could you please let me know which were the most effective?

Thanks

Rodd,

If you are already on Propecia, I would consider switching to Proscar. Propecia is a 1mg tablet of finasteride whereas Proscar is a 5mg tablet of finasteride. Proscar is cheaper (maybe around $80) for a 4 month supply. You will have to buy a pill splitter for a couple bucks and cut the pill into quarters.

Unfortunately, there are no natural proven remedies to fight hair loss, though you may want to consider using Nizoral shampoo (use this only a few times a week) or Revita shampoo (use of this product calls for every day). The active ingredient in both shampoos may have the same effect as using 2% minoxodil, from what I've read.

Bill

Over the past ten years, I have tried nearly everything medically and natural. While I have found personally that propecia works best for me, some natural remedies have also been quite beneficial. Look for anti oxidant compounds found in grape seed extract. Other natural ingredients such as lavender, rosemary and rosehip seed oil to name just a few can all be helpful too. Check out my blog at http://hairlosssolutions.blogfreehere.com/going-natural...air-loss-remedi.html for a complete guide.

Good luck!

Hi

I think Propecia is your best bet .. I have tried a TON of items without any significant results.. If it is results you want then there are 1 of three which will produce at least some results

Propecia

Minoxidil

Nizoral shampoo (cheap too but marginal at best)

Mos recently I started using Revita shampoo but I have no expectations but it has a lot of good anti DHT ingredients in it ( including the active one in Nizoral)

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 5 weeks later...

I tried herbal remedy that was said to be 100% effective and got no results. Also, I don't want to take propecia or rogaine. I think that most rational measure is hair transplantation, but you need to find a good doctor.