Cellular Rejuvination??

This may sound crazy but I have heard that in some cases, when an individual gets a HT it actually causes other native hair to become healthier, stronger, and thicker.(ofcourse after shockloss) There is no scientific evidence to support such claims but some believe that it might be due to increased bloodflow or possibly cells are rejuvinating/communicating. If this were at all true it would support the idea of getting a HT before advanced progession of baldness? Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? I know it sounds farfetched to me!

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

This may sound crazy but I have heard that in some cases, when an individual gets a HT it actually causes other native hair to become healthier, stronger, and thicker.(ofcourse after shockloss) There is no scientific evidence to support such claims but some believe that it might be due to increased bloodflow or possibly cells are rejuvinating/communicating. If this were at all true it would support the idea of getting a HT before advanced progession of baldness? Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? I know it sounds farfetched to me!

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Guest Cousin_It

Actually you may have a valid point here. Depending on the extent and length of hair loss in an area, enviromental damage, ie crosslinking due to sun exposure, there can be a gradual atrophy of blood vessels in areas of the scalp.

Hair transplanted in these areas elicits a reaction to increase bloodflow to transport nutrients to these follicles. This process, angiogenisis, is the creation of new blood vessels by the body to accomplish this. As a result, adjoining follicles are able to enjoy an increase in bloodflow and subsequent nutrients.