How Long 'Till First Haircut???

Guys,

I had my procedure with Ray Konior around one month ago and was wondering when it is safest to get a haircut. All the scabs are pretty much gone.

I'm still kinda apprehensive about touching the transplanted area because I don't wanna mess anything up. Am I supposed to tell the stylist about it? Is that area comb-able yet???

Thanks.

Guys,

I had my procedure with Ray Konior around one month ago and was wondering when it is safest to get a haircut. All the scabs are pretty much gone.

I'm still kinda apprehensive about touching the transplanted area because I don't wanna mess anything up. Am I supposed to tell the stylist about it? Is that area comb-able yet???

Thanks.

Hey Captain, I'm sure you'd be OK to have a haircut now, but I would call your doc to make sure. Lord knows I bombarded mine for the first few months with questions...that's part of the service, you know?

Personally, I waited about 7 weeks out for a cut, mostly because I was a little embarrassed about the shock loss I'd experienced. But I have a great stylist that I've been with for 3 years, and I told her when I went in what was going on. She was very careful with that comb, let me tell you.

Short answer, if your doc gives you the OK, I'd go ahead and make the appointment, but I would tell your stylist what you had done and ask her/him to take it very easy on both the donor and recipient areas.

I got mine after 2 months just to be on the safe side. The good thing about that is that you dont have to tell your stylist anything as they wont be able to tell you had a HT.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Ok, guys, thanks. I talked with the office and they said no damage can really be done at this point, other than short-term pain if stylist really works you over. I'll probably wait a few more weeks, as it can't really hurt.

Also, can somebody explain this "shock-loss" concept? I had my transplant in the front-to-mid portion of my scalp, and I haven't noticed whether I lost any additional hair, although I must have? I have real thin, fine, blonde hair, so I'm not sure whether that has any bearing on my situation???