Am I Stuffed?

Balding Indian!

Hi All,

After reading alot on here, I decided to heed everyones advice on start on the "Big 3" - Minoxidil (2% or 5%), Propecia/Finesteride and the Nizoral Shampoo.

I have just read carefully from the Propecia and Rogiane Web-sites and they clearly state that these two primatily only work for MPB and at the Crown area of the head and not to use them for balding anywhere else.

Ok, my crown can do with some help, but I have very fine, thin hair and my balding is mainly on the front and top of my head - the back and sides are ok - I am Indain with black hair and a very light brown scalp which really freaking shows through. I found that using Dermmatch to conceal the scalp made me lose hair badly so I have stopped using it.

So, what do I do? Surely there must be many in the same position as me and if Propecia/Rogaine may not be an option, what are we to do? I am really very depressed at the moment - I am really fed up and tired at looking for a solution and the thousands out there all seem to be snake oils and the only ones that may work may not do so for my type of hair loss - I really feel cursed. If anyone can give some help or guidance, I will really be grateful, Its funny how ordinary, everyday people can be so cruel sometimes - some of the comments I get these days are really quite hurtful. Peace to all of you.

Regards,

Balding Indian.

Hi All,

After reading alot on here, I decided to heed everyones advice on start on the "Big 3" - Minoxidil (2% or 5%), Propecia/Finesteride and the Nizoral Shampoo.

I have just read carefully from the Propecia and Rogiane Web-sites and they clearly state that these two primatily only work for MPB and at the Crown area of the head and not to use them for balding anywhere else.

Ok, my crown can do with some help, but I have very fine, thin hair and my balding is mainly on the front and top of my head - the back and sides are ok - I am Indain with black hair and a very light brown scalp which really freaking shows through. I found that using Dermmatch to conceal the scalp made me lose hair badly so I have stopped using it.

So, what do I do? Surely there must be many in the same position as me and if Propecia/Rogaine may not be an option, what are we to do? I am really very depressed at the moment - I am really fed up and tired at looking for a solution and the thousands out there all seem to be snake oils and the only ones that may work may not do so for my type of hair loss - I really feel cursed. If anyone can give some help or guidance, I will really be grateful, Its funny how ordinary, everyday people can be so cruel sometimes - some of the comments I get these days are really quite hurtful. Peace to all of you.

Regards,

Balding Indian.

Hey Indi,

I know what your saying. People love to make comments about our hairloss and most of the time its only a joke but yet it still hurts. The only thing to do is grin and bear it. As for the propecia and Rogaine- have you started to use it? I think it will help you keep the hair you have all over your head not just the crown and it may help you grow some new hair. I think the it will not grow hair in the front if you are already bald or shiny. I believe they claim it will only regrow hair in a bald crown. I hope this helps. Good luck.

yucko

Propecia works everywhere in halting hairloss and mild regrowth. Minoxidil states it works on the crown only because from what I heard this is the only place they based their based their tests on.

As from my personal experience ( propecia only) it did what i said above. there are people on here who say minoxidil helped everywhere

It really varies by the user

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!