9 1/2 months on Propecia, any chance for regrowth?

il.mafiozzzo

That's right I'm 9 1/2 months into Propecia 1mg a day treatment and everything is about the same since I started. I just have early frontal loss all I needed was some thickening of miniaturized hairs and that would give me a way fuller look. I'm 22 1/2 years and started Propecia only like 4 months or so after I noticed I'm losing hair so I had a high chance for reversal but now it looks slim!

That's right I'm 9 1/2 months into Propecia 1mg a day treatment and everything is about the same since I started.

Great news. That means finasteride stopped the progression of your hairloss, and that's HUGE.

You should'nt hope for much regrowth, but maintenance is already a big thing, considering that a few years ago (before finasteride), even keeping the hair you have would have been impossible.

That being said, you might want to add generic minoxidil if you're able to be consistent with it, since finasteride and minox are proven to give better results as a "combo" than one or the other alone.

Good luck

Well Propecia stops hair loss in about 90% of people so it wasn't that big of a surprise it would happen! You see I have a lot of miniaturized hairs at the front, if only like half of them would thicken up I would look great I don't need new hairs regrowing. You think there's still a chance for this to happen?

You see I have a lot of miniaturized hairs at the front, if only like half of them would thicken up I would look great I don't need new hairs regrowing. You think there's still a chance for this to happen?

Yes there is still a chance for this to happen, but probably to a lesser degree than you would like, and they probably are the first hair that will disappear when MPB will start it's job again -gradually- in a relative future. Hair in the crown are "usually" more stable on meds.

If you look at improving hair caliber, minoxidil will help for sure, so in your specific case, I would add it if you can be consistent with it.

Finasteride and minox usually give the most dramatic results in the first 3 years, then they tend to be stable and maintain.