I play tennis and have developed a stretch scar--who and how is this fixed

I have a stretch scar that extends all along the lower donor strip----this is embarassing and has forced me to have to keep my hair long in the back-------this has been a nigtmare for me-----how and who could fix this for me

Rod

I have a stretch scar that extends all along the lower donor strip----this is embarassing and has forced me to have to keep my hair long in the back-------this has been a nigtmare for me-----how and who could fix this for me

Rod

Were you playing tennis or skiing just days after your HT?? Inside joke from another post. icon_smile.gif

If the scar is not too low (below the transition between skull and neck--occipital ridge) most highly skilled HT physicians could correct this for you. There would still ofcourse be a scar but less noticeable. The only thing is that you would might as well have a few more grafts placed so that nothing is wasted when they correct the previous scar because no matter what they do there will be some straglers.

Dr. Feller could also do FUE and place hairs into the existing scar to hide it better. This might be a better option if you are no longer in need of any further HT work.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I have the same issue as you. I played competitive tennis and who knows, I'm sure I was on the courts too soon and caused it.

The primary option for both of us is FUE where they extract hairs one at a time and then implant into the existing scar so that it is less visible because the new hair would conceal it better. This will be pricey though.

Another possible option if you are not looking for further HT work is to have a highly skilled HT surgeon or even a top notch plastic surgeon try to extract as much of the scar as possible. Since they are not also trying to get donor hair at the same time they could probably do it without fear of further stretching scar.

Either way you need to consult with someone.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Dr. Feller for the FUE. He is in New York/Jersey--one of those. It's getting late and I can't remember. Do a search hitting the find button. I would estimate this could cost anywhere from $3000-5000 depending on number of FU needed. It is $10 per FU.

I looked at your profile and saw that you are in Florida. Dr. Rose is a great HT surgeon there.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I am still in need of another HT so possibly I might have them place a few grafts into the scar at that time as I will have to have another scar above. Not sure of this though as grafts are a precious commodity and I would rather have them on the top of my head.

It is not top priority for me at this time as it is not overly bad and I can conceal it pretty well without having to grow hair too long.

I'm truly not sure exactly how I will deal with it but I will consider the options I gave you.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I'm definitely not the one to ask that question. icon_smile.gif I have a highly active lifestyle and do some nutty stuff. Wait for someone else to chime in.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90