2 weeks from doing it

I appreciate this board as I am 2 weeks away from having my first prcedure of 1500 units. I am 36 y.o. and a Class 5 pattern and plan on having a second procedure performed in 6 months.

I spent alot of time considering who to use and luckily found someone that I feel comfortable with here in Kansas City (Ken Buchwach). He has written some definitive books on hair transplantation and he was recommended to me by friends.

I have scheduled 10 days off of work and hope that the procedure will not be noticable when I return. If it is I will just get a ballcap that says "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" and wear for a while.

Will put up a "Post Op" follow up and pics. Wish me luck.

I appreciate this board as I am 2 weeks away from having my first prcedure of 1500 units. I am 36 y.o. and a Class 5 pattern and plan on having a second procedure performed in 6 months.

I spent alot of time considering who to use and luckily found someone that I feel comfortable with here in Kansas City (Ken Buchwach). He has written some definitive books on hair transplantation and he was recommended to me by friends.

I have scheduled 10 days off of work and hope that the procedure will not be noticable when I return. If it is I will just get a ballcap that says "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" and wear for a while.

Will put up a "Post Op" follow up and pics. Wish me luck.

Mike...you and I have a lot in common...same age and apparently level of hair loss. I had my procedure 12 days ago...1500 FU's. I did my research also, and found someone I was comfortable with here in the Carolina's. Another thing we have in common is that I also took 10 days off from work. And maybe I'm one of the lucky one's, but you could not tell at ALL that I had anything done 7 days after the surgery. The scabs started falling off at about 4 days, and by 7 days were completely gone. And the transplanted hairs just make my hair look a little thicker now, but again, not a single person has noticed. The new hairs are starting to fall out, which of course is expected. My doctor told me to expect the new growth by Thanksgiving.

As for the incision in the back of my head, you can't see it at all either. It's completely hidden by my hair. I have the stiches that dissolve, but they're still there. I wish they would hurry and dissolve because I kinda find myself playing with them...and am afraid of pulling something out.

And I was a little nervous the day of the surgery, but I can honestly say there was pretty much no pain. VERY minor needle sticks, but it didn't really hurt. Then I didn't feel a thing. The WORST part of the whole day was having to sit in that chair for so many hours. The doctor had given me Valium, so I had hoped that I would sleep through most of it. But I only dozed off for about 30 minutes...and watched movies the rest of the time.

Anyway, thought you might like to hear my experience since you and I seem to have so much in common with this.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks SCUSC

I had it done today and I am feeling a bit silly for getting so worked up about it. It was a peice of cake.

Doc made me show up at 7:00 and I did the paperwork thing. No waiver of liability just a consent to do the operation and permission to dispose of any unusable tissue. I was expecting a valium shot or something but didn't get one. He just got down to business, asked about my timing for a second session, worked out the hairline thing. His first shot at drawing it was just what I was after so I said to go for it.

I laid face down and the first needle shot stung but after that I felt absolutly nothing. I am lucky in that I have very thick, blonde, wavy hair. The peice that he took from me was much smaller than I expected from the photos I've seen on this site.

Anyway, he made all the holes and the worst part was not the wait but the sound that it makes when they put the holes in your scalp. Gave me the Willies. I watched a movie and some CNN to see if the baseball guys were going to strike or not. He had two techs put in the grafts while his wife did all the disecting. They cleaned me up, I paid the bill and went home. I was relieved by the bill. I actually never asked him his prices. I paid $4200 for 1250 grafts. I think that was good.

I am scheduled for session No. 2 on December 23rd. I am driving to Montana tomorrow and will spend alot of time wondering why I put this deal off for so long.

Anybody in my part of the country, I would highly recommend my doc.

Mike