1 and half year on Propecia, 2 years on minoxdil , still receding what to do?

depressedman

I start taking minoxdil/propecia when it was NW1 and in late 20s year old. I am now 32 and the receding speeds up recently. Is there anything I can do to stop it? My twin and young brother doesnt have hairloss problem...only myself ..so depressed.

well honestly you're on the best drugs that we have... and neither are suppose to work on the front hair line. i am on both, and i also use the laser comb, but my hair line is still receding as well.

it's funny you say your twin doesn't have a receding hair loss.. they blame hair loss on genetics, youd think that your brother would be on the same boat as you... i'm starting to believe that hair loss is caused by something we do. like if you laugh a lot you get laugh lines, or squint you get crows feet, or lift weights your muscles get bigger. what do we do that causes hair loss, something we eat? our posture? face muscle tightness? i google every day to find answers..

anyway sorry for the rant... at the end of the day you do not have it so bad, a receding hair line isn't the end of the world (i used to thinkso too 5 years ago, now with the crown thinning i say i had it pretty good with only a receding hair line..).. you have soooo much more hair left on your head you should try thinking of it that way. and just remember you could always have a small transplant using a few hairs from the back of your head. take it easy.

Our looks are determined by less than 10% of our genetics, so on the outside you and your twin may look the same but inside your genetic differences will be notable. Nobody is the same, and twins are no different in this regard, even if they are more so than the average person. You unfortunately had the bad look of inheriting the hairloss gene while your brothers didnt or perhaps they are written down for a later date in their life. That's just how it is. It is a sad fact but since your balding their alarm should go off for them as well... they are not immune.

Eitherway, your doing the best possible thing. Maybe your hairline never matured in its earlier years? That could be a possibility, but more likely the propecia and rogain have not proven effective on the front.

Thanks for those infos, I didnt know even a twin would have different gene, thought my brother should has same problem as me.

How exactly to defind a mature hairline or male pattern losing?

The reason why I feel depressed is ...everytime I go out with my brothers , it feels that I dont belong to the family and females' attentions are always on my brother but not me. Frankly , I wish I am the only child in the family.

Thanks for those infos, I didnt know even a twin would have different gene, thought my brother should has same problem as me.

How exactly to defind a mature hairline or male pattern losing?

The reason why I feel depressed is ...everytime I go out with my brothers , it feels that I dont belong to the family and females' attentions are always on my brother but not me. Frankly , I wish I am the only child in the family.

Most likely its not that yoru hairline is maturing anymore, I threw that out as a very unlikely thing. If the sides are receding but your front isnt, thats a telltale sign of MPB. That is pretty much how mine started, I noticed that when i put my hand over my forehead, it was increasingly getting harder and harder to reach the sides of my hair while the front much easier. My sides also looked notably thinner.

• 1 month later...
Guest Robertpatrick
Originally posted by depressedman:

I start taking minoxdil/propecia when it was NW1 and in late 20s year old. I am now 32 and the receding speeds up recently. Is there anything I can do to stop it? My twin and young brother doesnt have hairloss problem...only myself ..so depressed.

Hey depressedman

Are you and your brother IDENTICAL twins???

Please respond if you want to make the news.

I'm with aw33. There are quite a bit of factors that could worsen hairloss, and I would bet, to the point of overpowering the treatment. Stress is reputed for it, so you fretting is going to feed the cause of your trouble. There's a bit of a catch 22 here, but do try to relax. Then, from experience and as educated guesses, if any concern you, I'd recommend to stay clear of alcohol, smoking, processed food, animal fat, added salt and sugar. Make sure you eat enough protein and look up foods/vitamins that play some part in hair growth, and drink enough water.

Keep your chin up and good luck. And remember hair cycles are a matter of months, so the changes you make to live healthier may not yield results before some time. But if you look for room for improvement in your lifestyle and stay on propecia/minoxidil I'm optimistic on your chances to improve the situation.

ps: You might also want to try out a minox-based treatment with extra buff like spectral DNC. I haven't tested it out myself but there's a scientific paper that concluded minox is more efficient when combined with retinol and this product contains some. It's $30 though so quite pricier than generic minox.

Edited by Kenaz73