Financing a HT

TripleJ

So I've set up an appointment with the good doctors at H&W in April but I've been encountering some problems financing the procedure. My credit isn't too bad but it's not great either and I was told I need a co-signer to get my loan approved and so far no one I know has been willing, especially for an HT. My procedure is less than a month and a half away and I need to find someone willing to finance me even if it's at a higher interest rate than I'd like. I don't know where to turn at this point and if anyone can offer some pointers I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

TripleJ,

For starters, I'd contact Hasson and Wong and share your concerns. In the event you can't go through with surgery because you don't have the money, they will need to know about it. Additionally, they may be able to offer you alternative suggestions for financing your hair transplant. I believe they work with a provider that may be able to help you - though I suspect you'd have to be approved like any other bank.

One possibility is using a credit card to pay for your hair transplant (assuming you have a high enough limit to cover it). Keep in mind the interest rates on most credit cards are typically pretty high, so if you're going to go that route, I'd suggest having a standby credit card with an introductory or special offer for a low interest rate for the life of the balance or for a limited period of time.

Best wishes,

Bill

I agree that if you speak with the people at H&W they will do everything they can to try and help you. There are several different financing option available. Be patient even if it means you need to postpone your surgery for a little while. If you are totaly stressed out over it than maybe it is not the right time.

I know this sounds crazy, but financing a hair transplant is not a bad idea at all. When you consider that you will have greater confidence, that might pay back many times over in the professional world. You can't put a price on your happiness.

If you take a look at GE's Care Credit, they offer an interest free financing period of like 12-18 months. And hey, if you default, they aren't going to shave your head icon_wink.gif

What I did for HT #2 was set up a 7 month time frame, send 'em $178/paycheck and then pay $1200 at the very end for a $6000 surgery. Your hair won't change that much in 7 months if you are taking finasteride, and if it does, they can adjust accordingly. I called it the 'layaway' hair plan.

P.S., Bill: I misread "Standby credit card" as stolen credit card. LOL!

• 1 month later...

I've also got a question while on this topic regarding financing the procedure.

As far as my situation, my in person consult with my HT Doc won't be until the day before the procedure. I've talked to Dr.Arocha on the phone, and had our online consult and discussed the procedure, options, how much i planned on having grafted.

My question is, since the # of grafts is questionable until the prior day, how should i go about financing the procedure? I've only financed a vehicle once in my life, and this is sort of a weird situation for me. Do i just request a loan for an ammt to cover the most ammt of grafts that i will get/want? Or should i wait till the day before, as the application will be reviewed and are quick about approving/disapproving applicants?

Empty Area,

I'd suggest getting a maximum loan. It's better to have more than you need than realize you're short. Or if you happen to have a credit card with a high limit, you could use that. But be careful, interest rates are typically very high and would need to be transferred to another card for a low interest rate or paid off with a personal loan.

My in-person consult was the day of the procedure for my last 3 surgeries. It's quite typical especially when you're traveling. Dr. Arocha will take good care of you :)

All the Best,

Bill